Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone let me tell you a little about how Kennedy came to be with us. It all started when my fiance and I were channel surfing we came upon a dog show and saw the most beautiful and playful beagle.
He didn't care that he was in a show he just wanted to play, We fell in love! So off the the internet I go to do a little research well a little turned into a lot and we decided we had to get a beagle. We originally wanted to get one from a breeder at a very young age but fate had other plans. After making some phone calls talking with breeders and making some appointments to see some of the pups. We were out shopping and decided to go to one of the big pet stores in our area well we walk in and what do we see Our beautiful Kennedy she was an adorable 4 mo. old, a little older than we wanted and a little more than we wanted to spend (we were told that she was papered and chiped well yes she is chiped but the papered part we were taken on)but that's okay we don't care I think we were meant to save her. You see when we got her her legs were a little bowed so when we took her to the vet I asked about it. The vet said that it was probably because she had been in a kennel at the pet store for 2 mo!!! So I feel like we saved her and I would do it all over again she is worth every penny and more.
oh and her legs are getting better with exercise just as the vet had said.
Thank You for letting me share.
Nettie & Kennedy

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. I love the name Kennedy. Poor baby. I am so glad you have her. My Maggie also came from a pet store. I didn't know about puppy mills and how she came to be there until after I got her. Maggie was 8 weeks when we got her and just turned a year. I look forward to hearing more stories about Kennedy.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World! You were exposed to the secret weapon of Beagles first thing. They love to have fun. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif And they want everyone around them to have fun too. So glad you got Kennedy out of the pet shop when you did. She will add so much to you life you will wonder what you did with out her. :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: Welcome to Beagle World. My Bagel sends a big welcome arroooo to Kennedy. Looking forward to learning more about your playful pup!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

Papers? We don't need no stinkin' papers! Here we accept all types of beagles, from 100% pure to beagle mixes all the way to honorary (they don't even look or sound like a beagle, but have family members that do!)

Good luck with your new pupper!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to BW, Nettie and Kennedy!

I love that name!!! So happy you rescued her from the pet store. Grrrr...I don't think pet stores should even sell puppies but that's another subject.

Like Joe says, who needs papers? My Henry came with alot of papers...all bills for vet care as he was a sick little guy when we rescued him. He's all better now.

Glad you found BW.

~Denise

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Yeah we don't need no stinkin' papers either but we sure paid for them. but I'd do it all over again just the same to have my Kennedy!

Pictures to come just as soon as I get my digital camera for my B-day next month.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World, and I'm so glad you got Kennedy out of her prison. :wave:

As for papers, like Gingergoose I have 4 papered dogs.....lots of receipts from vets. :eyes:

·
Registered
702 Posts
That's a great story! Congrats on rescueing little Kennedy and getting her on the road to being a happy, healthy Beag.

Arrrooos and sloppy kisses from my Daisy and tummy rubs (and dry kisses from me) :wave:

Looking forward to stories and pictures :computer:

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW. So glad kennedy found you. Yes, photos please.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Any papers from a pet store are not worth the paper they are written on anyways. Most pet stores that sell dogs get them from puppy mills through brokers. That is probably the most likely reason her legs were bowed. Poor baby. You really did rescue her. Give her extra love. Puppy mills are horrible places. I love the name too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts