Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - I first wrote a message on here before Christmas (I think!) and my Beagle Bailey was a loooong way off! Well...now he's here in three weeks - and I'm off to Spain for one of those weeks! I really can't wait, it seems too good to be true <grin>

I've seen the mum, the pups @ 3 weeks old (the cutest things I've ever seen btw) so roll on May 18th!!) If I had a photo I'd share it with you guys, but wait three weeks and I'll bore you to death with them, hehe!!

Just a quick question tho - I want to get a collar in - what size collar are beagles on average - small medium or large? And would even a small collar be too big for a 10 week old puppy?

Cheers Guys!! x <--- expectant father

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Hello and Welcome (again) to beagle world! :wave:

I know I was ecstatic waiting to get Abby... I could hardly sleep.

I won't even try to answer your questions about collars, as we picked a collar when I got her at 3 months old and 11lbs. We ended up needing to punch another hole in it to make it smaller because it was huge. Now the larges are too big on their smallest hole and the medium barely fits her. She's 32lbs now and almost 2.

Have a wonderful trip and I can't wait to see pics of your pup!

~Jamie (and Abby-doo)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
We got Caesar when he was 9 weeks old and I think we bought him a size small and made it the smallest that it would go. As he grew we kept loosening it and it lasted until he was about seven months old. But keep the price tag on until you know for sure that it fits, that way you can always exchange it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello!
We just got our new puppy 2 weeks ago and she was 8 weeks and 5 lbs. I bought her a small size collar (just from the dollar store) and that fits her fine. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a nice collar at first, cause I know she will outgrow this one pretty quickly. I think full grown, most beagles will fit okay in a medium though.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Isn't it exciting to be "expecting" your beetle? My Henry was an adult rescue who came up to Virginia from Louisiana on a truck full of labradors.

I had adopted him two weeks prior and the waiting was excrutiating! I wanted him in my arms so much...his picture was so pathetic, I couldn't wait to make him safe and happy.

Anyway, welcome back!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats great to know - thanks for all your help - im so excited!

I don't want to spend a fortune on a collar first as was suggest because they grow so quickly, but its great to know that a medium size would fit good in a couple of months.

Ricksconnected - the site i want to buy the collar from wont allow returns as they are sale items thats why I wanted to make sure what size would be best

ive spent the weekend looking at beagle books and writing notes about various things. Its like im revising for an exam - how sad am I?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts