Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
My name is Brooke my sidekick here is Beatrix(however I really only call her bee). I am fairy new to the Beagle world. Bee is my first Beagle(7months), and what can I say. Stubborn, cute, and intelligent is what makes up a beagle. Training is definitely a struggle for me, I try to be as consistent as I can be, yet at seven months all she can do is sit, wait, and lie down. I am a student so I have a fairly busy schedule, however, I make time to spend with her as much as I can.

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Welcome
Training is a little challenging. Keep repeating the commands and use hand signals at the same time.. eventually they start getting it.. use the same words so they get used to hearing the sounds.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm in love! She's adorable!

Welcome!

Reactions: Brooke_21

·
Registered
24 Posts
She’s gorgeous! And yeah, training beagles isnt easy. They will listen to their nose before they listen to your voice, and they are stubborn as heck. But if you stick with it, they will eventually get it. Probably sometime around the age 2 mark. I have a 6 month old who has been on a leash every single time we have gone outside since he was 6 weeks old, but I am still struggling with leash training. I look like an idiot during walks with this fool dog. But I love him, and I know eventually it will pay off. I feel like people who have these easy-to-train, eager-to-please dogs are happy with them way sooner, but don’t ever get the absolute ELATION when things pay off after a year or so of training.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts