Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I forget, allow me to formally introduce myself to everyone here at Beagle World.

My name's Marion and I'm hollering from New Mexico, USA. My baby's name is Cooper, and he is a 1-year old research beagle. We rescued him a few months ago from a laboratory that tests beagles' vocal chords. In other words, my little Cooper can't bark (yes, he's mute), because his vocal chords have been recently removed. We heard that vocal chords can actually grow back, so I'm definitely crossing my fingers for that.

Although Cooper's past angers me, I'm still glad that he's now in a better, safer place.

This place is so helpful, especially since I'm a first time beagle owner. So, I'd like to thank everyone who's helped answer some of my questions so far. Cheers!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Welcome to you and Cooper. That's so sad about his vocal cords being removed. As time goes on please keep us posted if they do grow back. My wife is a Speech Pathologist and she would probably be interested in that as well.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi welcome.

It's wonderful you have rescued Cooper , it makes me angry and saddened too to read what was done to him. I am glad you are giving him a brighter future. Hugs to you both ((()))

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
and thank you for saving Cooper. How can they do that to those wonderful opera singers? One of the things I love about Beagles is their bay.

I hope his vocal cords will grow back too!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
So glad you rescued Cooper, best of luck to you both and enjoy the forum, I am a new member and already addicted!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

Its sad that you may never hear Cooper's sweet voice. The upside is your neighbors can't complain about his barking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you RosCole! I know exactly what you mean! I've become quite an addict to the forums in such a short span of time! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Joe Beagles, you are absolutely right about that neighbor aspect, especially since our landlord lives just right below us. Thanks for welcoming us!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Awww, I am glad that he ended up with such a wonderful person like yourself and now has a better life for it!

Welcome to Beagle World! Keep us posted about his vocal cords and hopefull someday you will be able to hear him serenade you the way only a Beagle can

1 - 16 of 16 Posts