Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, My name is Donna. I am currently owned by 3 Beagles and an honorary Beagle (Sam).

Our Samuel Beagador came first. We rescued him from the shelter and were told he was a Lab X. Well in the 3+ years he has been with us we have come to the conclusion that he is mixed with Beagle. After making that decision on his parentage and finding Sam to be the best dog we have ever owned, we became very interested in the Beagle breed. It seemed only natural to bring a full blooded Beagle into our home next.

So in came Maya. She is a one year old AKC Beagle and with the exception of having chewed several items that she should not have, she has been a pretty good dog so far.

Then there was Little Man Tate, aka Taters. He is the most handsome male AKC Beagle I've seen and quickly becomes the favorite amongst our visitors. He is currently 6 months old and about to be entered into basic obedience classes as he is exercising his unwillingness to listen right now.

Then came Max. Max is a 5 year old AKC Beagle. He is very mellow. Don't get me wrong he has his faults such as licking the steak on the counter last night that was about to be cooked and he has his unending quest to discover the contents of the kitchen trash can but these are things we can conquer.

My babies are all very spoiled and if I could get away with it I am sure that I would have about 40 more, but even with just 4 dogs, my life is geared totally to them. I wake up because they need me to let them out. I go to bed early because they prefer to. I stay home from weekend outings because they need me to be here for them. I miss family vacations completely because they are not welcome at the hotels, etc... I will even shower more than once a day on their bath days as I am sure you all realize that after 4 dog baths, I need another one myself. I will admit that even though raising dogs can be as tough as raising children, I wouldn't change a thing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
One big
from me and one big arooooooo from Chloe.... beautiful story, and I agree about how much the sacrifice is worth it!!!

Oh... pictures please!!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I meant to include pictures in my post. Sorry about that. Let's hope this works.

Here we go. Enjoy!

Samuel Beagador - he never grew to be more than 17 inches tall.

Maya Cerdita - Our expectant mommy - litter due in October. 2nd pic is of her with our cat.

Little Man Tate - our handsome little Tater Tot. I included a puppy photo of him also to show how much they can change in 4-6 months.

Maximillian Tytus - our ol' man.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. Your babies are all beautiful. I am always jealous of people who get to have more than one.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! Thank you so much for sharing story and pics. Looking forward to seeing Maya's puppies -- how exciting -- do you think you'll keep any of them for yourselves?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In re to Judy & Maggie's post: I would love to keep all the pups when they arrive, but if I do choose to keep any of them, I would have to let go of one of our other dogs and I just don't know that I could do that. I guess only time will tell, but I love them all so much that I can't imagine giving any of them up. We are limited on the number of dogs we can keep here and admittedly I am already over that limit, so I wouldn't dare try to stretch it any further than I already have. Thank heavens, all my neighbors are over their limits too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: Welcome to Beagle World. A big we;come to Sam, a 17" Beagle/Lab sounds like a great dog. Does Sam Bay? A big arroooo welcome to Maya, Tater, and Max. Wow, Maya's first litter and raising a 6 month beagle at the same time, your gonna be happy but very busy. Look forward to mor estories of Max's kitchen endeavors and such, He sounds like the typical beagle beagle. I bet Maya is just too sweet and will make a great mom.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in re to bob: Sam does not bay. Actually Sam doesn't even really bark. He's very quiet and content to be by his people. I'm not sure what makes us think he is mixed with Beagle. His size and the shape of his body say he could be, but he does not really care if he is around other dogs and he will not leave the yard even when off leash so for those reasons you could say we are incorrect on his mix. His coat and the texture of his ears seem very similar to a Beagle though also. Who knows. He is by far the best and the most loyal dog we have ever owned though. No matter what he is...we love him.

As for the 6 month puppy and the new litter on it's way...we could potentially have 12 dogs running around here soon. My goodness. I am a stay at home person though and my life is my dogs, so we should do fine. I am anxious to find out for certain that a litter is on it's way. I should know on Friday after our visit to the vet for palpitation. I could be getting excited over a false pregnancy for all I know. The stud and Maya tied 12 times over 6 days so the chances are fairly good that she is indeed pregnant. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Greetings from Tramp and myself in Canada :wave: Your babies are all adorable :heart:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you and all of your adorable pups from Henry and I. :wave:

We also plan our lives around our three dogs. Lately more than ever.

Loved seeing the pics. Tater is precious and Sam is obvious very special.

~Denise

·
Registered
702 Posts
All your babies are gorgeous!! Welcome to our pack, I know you'll fit right in 'cause we're all "crazy" about our fur kids.

Love the pictures--those eyes always get me :thumbup:

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome! My family has a century of experience with beags & "to say the least"....We now know all their tricks! And if fed a good diet they can live a very long time like my "grandpaw Goober"! He is very active & nearing the age of 16! :thumbup:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome! your little family sounds a lot like mine!
I will email you so you know all the details, but we just had a litter on June 21st, still have 2 pretty girls left, they are black/white snoopy beagles ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif (not full blood though)
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Anyhow, glad to have more beagle lovers in the gang here!
Judi and the crew

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hello, Donna, and a warm welcome to you, Sam, Maya, Tate, and Max!!!

My life is not much different from yours in that I have to forgo many family outings when my beagle cannot join in. I can't stay out long because the beagle needs me. Sometimes when I go shopping and see a dress I so badly want, I think of my beagle and all the food and treats I can buy for him with that money and I just walk away from the dress without a backward glance :wave:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome to BW
A big Arrooo! from Molly to Samuel, Tytus,Tate and Maya!

Your babies are just beautiful! Can't wait to see little Maya's puppies!

·
Registered
794 Posts
my goodness, what a lovely brood! Tate certainly is good :wave: looking, but that Max is gorgeous, too!!
Welcome!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts