Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am new here to beagle world. I just got my first beagle pup today. She is 8 weeks old. She is very cute. I will have to post pics soon.. I just wanted to introduce myself and maybe you can give me some tips since she is my first beagle =)..

Thanks!

MOVED WHOLE POST TO LARGE PHOTO FORUM AS PIX TOO BIG. PL SEE TOPICS ON PHOTO HELP BOARD ON HOW TO HAVE PIX THE RIGHT SIZE. TOO BIG MKS THE BOARD RUN SLOW WHEN LOADING. THANKS HELLEN

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi Jenny and welcome to our group :angel: and times she will be a little :evilgrin: . This is to be expected from a Beagle pup at a moment's notice.

I never raised a puppy, but I'm sure all those who have will have a lot of advice for you :thumbup:

Can't wait to see pics. We love puppy pics!!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
How did you choose? Or did the beag choose you? My first beag, Snapper was chosen by me at the shelter. But Goober chose "me" as he was one of the top hounds of the litter! "Oh, you come pre-trained" The wife of the breeder said when I told them about Snapper :thumbup: Snapper lived a very long life as a beag/foxhound mix, but Goober is about to break a family record by living over 15 yrs! (And he is still very active despite his 15th birthday on April 12 th!) :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Btw, Any advise about puppies is "always free of charge"! Goober was my first puppy...& is now my second "seniour beag"! Homer-the-Huge is/was my second puppy, but he is nearly 5 yrs old & fully grown to neary 80lbs! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif (Beag puppy my foot)! But he is a very good watch-dog despite being a lousy hunter! But Homer did not expect...(as he was asleep @ the time)...a pair of wild beasts to come crashing thru the brush as I fired my deer rifle!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome, I also got Maggie when she was 8 weeks. I received lots of help and good advice from this forum. Maggie is now 10 months and is a great companion.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW, Jenny! What an exciting time for you. I can't offer puppy advice as I have an adult rescue, Maggie, who is now almost 12. We have lots of new beagle puppy owners as well as veteran puppy raisers so be sure to check out the discussion section. Ask lots of questions there. You could put "puppy" into the BW search and come up with more info that you'll know what to do with. We are all looking forward to getting to know your pup (name?) and seeing lots of pics. Those of us with adult beagles thrive on everyone else's puppy pics.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Welcome to BeagleWorld - and congratulations on your new arrival. Looking forward to lots of pictures and stories! Unfortunately we won't really have any puppy advice for you either - we have three adult rescues - but we certainly have lots of beagle experiences and those may come in handy at some point!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome :wave:

we love love love to see pictures and hearing puppy stories !!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. Please do tell us the name of your pup when you get a chance. See your from San Diego /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Snoopy and Pegasus are relocating out west in a couple months. Looks like we may have a real southwestern group!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Welcome!

When you recover from the first sleepless nights and busy busy days, fill us in on the details of your new pup.

WE LOVE PUPPY PICTURES :bounce2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Beagle puppies require loads of time and patience, but I'm sure you'll do great!

I remember when my pup was a little ball of energy 24/7. :freak:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome to BW!!! :wave: I also got my beagle when he was a tiny pup--seven weeks old. Now he is four and a half y/o. Raising a beagle pup can be very tiresome but I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience.

Looking forward to stories and of course, lots of pictures /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

Pat and Boeing

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World, Jenny C!! I remember what a busy time it is with an 8 week old pup, but hope you have time to post again and tell us a bit more about your babe and of course, post pictures. Beagle puppies are the cutest ever!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your first beagle!!! No matter what the misconceptions, beagles are the best dogs ever. Good luck with the puppy and post pictures; we love pictures especially baby beagle pics.

·
Registered
157 Posts
:wave:

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey everyone.. I have pictures but not of the female. Long long story! Anyhow I ended up getting a male beagle. He is 10 weeks old and boy oh boy is he a handful. I am crate training him for now..I take him out to pee & poop but he still goes in the house...any ideas that will work ? I heard beagles are difficult to housebreak..
Well Here are some pics of my baby...

I've had him since Thursday ...I'm still stuck on name thing...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow, he is adorable. Don't know much about house training a puppy but there is one thing that works on older dogs and I don't know why it won't work on puppies as well. Other than grabbing them when start to squat and taking them outside, there isn't much you can do about the indoor mistakes 3except clean them up BUT when your boy does poop or pee in the proper outdoor place, make a huge fuss over him after he has finished. Nearby humans may think your daft but the dog will very quickly determine pooping or peeing in the proper place is the correct behavior. The lack of such praise and fuss when he has an accident will also emphasis such action is incorrect behavior.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.