Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Beagle World - Meet Tessie

Today is day two with my little girl Tessie. She's an 8 week old Tri whose job it is to remind me what life is all about. I'm looking forward to all the posts...after she sleeps through the night and I'm no longer a zombie!

Dave and Tessie

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
Re: Hello Beagle World - Meet Tessie

What a doll!

·
Registered
443 Posts

Welcome to Beagle World - Tessie is adorable -is she your first Beagle? You sound like you are familiar with Beagle puppy life. Can't wait to see more pics - we LOVE pics here at BW. My two Beaglebratz are Shiloh B. - who turned 6 this past month and Shasta B. - she will be 3 in October. I put the B. on the end of their names because there is at least 1 other of each here at BW and it also stands for Beaglebrat or is the first letter of my last name - I am Kim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks
We fell in love with her weeks ago and we were lucky that the breeder matched us with her!

We recently lost our 9 year old Australian Shepherd. Waiting for this pup has been the longest period in our lives without having a dog in the house.

This is her at 5 weeks...

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts

Welcome to Beagle World! Tessie is a little sweetheart. With a puppy that cute, who needs sleep! lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I'm familiar with beagles, but the rest of the family is not.

My wife grew up with German Shepherds and again we recently lost our Aussie. We wanted a smaller dog, but one that still had big dog personality. I had lots of beagles in my extended family, and grew up with them and my mother's mini schnauzer. Family friends and neighbors also have 13's. The beagle across the street from us is from the same lines as my girl.

I'm looking forward to learning even more, and poking and prodding for your collective advice from time to time.

Dave

·
Registered
889 Posts

Beagles definitely have a big dog personality. I think my Daisy (who is about 19lbs) thinks she's 100lbs. LOL
When we visit my parents Daisy rules the house. She's the boss of our other beagle and my parents' two big labs. It's so funny!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts

A big welcome to beagle world. Tessie is beautiful.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

Welcome to the BW pack!

You wanted a small dog with a big dog personality? Be careful what you wish for.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Welcome! She's such a cutie. You'll forget about the interrupted sleep as she grows out of her puppy habits. Selective memory is definitely a great thing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Thanks again all, for the great welcome.

Tessie reduced her night time needs by one full event last night. She was out with me at 11:30 and didn't get up again until 2:30 AM. She did her duty, and took some time to settle down. She didn't complain again until 5:30.

It's too funny to hear her whimpering turn to a gurgling puppy howl. It's not as cute at 2:00 AM as is is at 2:00 PM though

Dave

·
Registered
1,094 Posts

A big Beagle World welcome to Tessie & Dave!!! She is a cutie!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts

that's what im talkin' about!!
she's a cutie!!
C.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts