Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I guess I should do a formal introduction! This is my evil little run of the house, Toby:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif He's 3 years old. He's fairly well behaved.. when he wants something. :p VERY protective of the family. Knows many tricks. He's a fast learner too.

I love beagles.. They're so spunky and questioning, at the same time very loyal and loving.

:wave:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi and welcome to BW :wave:

Toby sounds like a typical Beagle. Just wonderful all around. He's a beautiful boy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

You will have lots of fun here and good advice when you need it. We're looking forward to hearing all about him and his antics!!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
Welcome to BW!!! :wave: Though I can't see the picture of Toby on my pc at the moment, I'm sure he is one cute little guy (what beagles aren't???)

Looking forward to sharing more stories and pics /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Pat and Boeing

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome! I can relate to the part about well behaved when he wants something. Maggie behaves best when I have a treat in my hand.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World and a big arrrroooo to Toby. :wave: I thought all beagles were well behaved. I like how you put it, questioning /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif They were breed to be independant thinkers and it sure shows doesn't it!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi and Welcome from Henry and I! :wave:

Love his picture...I can practically see the wheels turning from here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

How did you all meet?

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome! Pop & I "have been owned by beags since early 1976" (Regularly)...but Pop first owned one named Skipper as a lad! Goober is the "grandpaw beag" on this board "as far as I know", (He will soon be 15 yrs old)! :thumbup: Goober has a mix-breed large hound as a companion since age 10 known as Homer...Aka "Homer the huge" & Pop has a "mini-beag" known as Rufus that is 11 & a younger 14" beag born in "y2k" that has the name of Nibbler. Beagles have been a perfect fit for us for a few generations, as our earliest one...a beag named Daisey helped our family find food during the great depression! :thumbup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
Hi and Welcome from Henry and I! :wave:

Love his picture...I can practically see the wheels turning from here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

How did you all meet?
Thanks! =) Well, my dad actually owns a large piece of land in the country and hunts off of it. He has a couple hunting beagles and one became pregnant on a run and we decided to keep one of the puppies. The rest of the pups went to very loving homes as well.

Toby was actually the first born of his mom's first ever litter. I think she was unsure of what to do, because she wasn't breaking the sack. After a moment or so went by, she still didn't break the sack, so we broke it for her.

We sometimes joke around with him, telling him we saved his life. :p

So I've known Toby ever since he was born. Heck, he was born in my closet! I don't know what I would do without him!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
What a wonderful story!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Toby is a very handsome boy!! Welcome to Beagle World.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to you and Toby! "Spunky" is a very positive way to describe our favorite breed. Toby is adorable -- looking forward to hearing about his antics and seeing lots more pics.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome!!! Beagles are spunky and very loyal. Toby is very cute and doesn't look evil in the slightest. But I guess that's the Beagle MO, look sweet while getting into trouble. Someitmes its hard to be mad at the evil things they do because they're so darn cute!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
what a great story ..... Welcome to Toby and his family !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts