Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Amber and today, I am picking up my first beagle. Now, it's not my first time with beagles, I grew up around them with my parents who raised them, and they bought me one when I was younger, but you know how that goes when you are in school, ect. But, today I found my baby! I should prob begin to tell you my story! About 2 weeks or so ago, my fiance and I had a 2 year old labrador named Lacie, and was very special to us. We had her only for 2 weeks, when she developed breast cancer and other health issues. We were unable to keep her sadly. I was completely heart broken. My fiance felt bad, so he took me to the pound where we spent 3 hours looking at puppies, and I finally found one! A German Shepherd mix! She was beautiful! We spent 45 minutes in line, when they took the puppy away from us. Apparently there was a parvo outbreak. I was about to cry. They shut the center down, and we had to go home, strip, and bleach the floors, shoes, ect. Talk about depressing! Then I met this lady who had a 12 week old Lab mix, who needed a good home. I jumped through hoops for this one, doing a house inspection and references as well. I finally got the dog after 2 days, and then the next morning the lady called crying, wanting to have the dog back. WHAT?!?! Are you serious? She showed up at my door with $300 dollars in cash and said please, take this and get the dog you want and please let us have our puppy back? I agreed because I didn't also want her to go though what I did. So, this is where the long searching went for the perfect beagle. I finally found a reputable breeder here about 2 hours from my town, and I sent them an email. I was guessing that there prices were high and it was at least worth a shot. Told them my whole situation. Would you believe that the breeder called me up and said you can have this puppy for $250, we like to also help people out. We sell enough pups to make up for it. They are normally $500! I started to cry! I will not only have a beagle, but she is ACK Reg and everything! I am so excited! I thought her name was Cassidy, so we had tags made for her, but come to find out, Cassidy is the bitches name, not the puppies! haha! We have decided to keep that name. We have not met her, but seen pictures. She does have an umbilical hernia, but that's no big deal, I can handle that when the time comes. Sorry for the long story! I have to leave now to get her, will update when I get my baby!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to the boards!!!! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful Beagle mommy

Would love to see pictures of little Cassidy when you get her (great name btw).

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Wow! That beagle was meant to be. Good luck with Cassidy and welcome to Beagle World.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Welcome Amber an Cassidy! Sounds like your new pup's name should be Destiny, LOL!
I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about her. Oh, and don't worry about the umbilical hernia...my Maggie had one and we had it fixed when she was spayed without any problems!

·
Registered
35 Posts
WOW, what a story! You endured the canine crucible to end up with dog that was destined to be. I'm new here too, but welcome!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello everyone! I just got back with my precious, beautiful baby Cassidy! She was a little whiny at first, but she soon settled down. Soon as we got home, she used the bathroom outside and was crying the whole time inside lol poor thing is so scared. She went into her crate though and is sound asleep snoring...lol! I am so excited, will post pictures soon!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! How exciting for you and Cassidy! After all you have gone through, I am certain that you and your pup will have a very special relationship. Looking forward to those puppy pics -- many of us, including myself, have adopted adult beagles so we get our puppy fix through other members' pics.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright guys, here is Cassidy at this moment. Sleepin away!

I don't know how to add pictures...help?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Very nice! She looks groggy.

RE Pictures: You can't upload pics using IMG links from host sites like Photobucket etc. You have to upload directly from your computer using the file manager at the bottom left of the posting form and load pics as an attachement. Make sure the pic is resized. 640x480 is the easiest and works best (at least for me).

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
She is so sweet . Welcome. Sorry for your difficulties getting to get your baby .

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys! I am currently uploading a video I made of her already lol go me, on youtube. Will post when it's done. She turned into this big ball of energy.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Cute video.

One suggestion though. Puppies won't usually pee or poop where they eat or sleep so if the potty pad is placed right under their food bowls you may not have any success. I would suggest putting 2 more pads side by side and you will most likely see that Cassidy will go to the furthest one to eliminate. Lay a brick (or something durable and heavy) on them to hold them in place and to discourage chewing and playing with the pads.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to go through so much trouble to finally get a pup.

Best of luck to you!!!

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Cute video. I think you need to buy that girl a few more toys. lol! Love her tiny pink colar.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Wow! What a story you have! I am so glad you found Cassidy and Cassidy found you!! Congratulations!!!! She is a cutie!! Welcome to BW, you will love it here!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts