Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
snoopy just ate my underwear.... AGAIN!!!
i'm so careful but she's sooooo fast!!!
i reached down her throat and felt them but couldn't grab them in time

She's usually really good at puking stuff up..she's done this many times before. But it makes me worry so much because it could get stuck...i'm stressed till she pukes it up!!! is there any way (non hydrogen peroxide) to get her to throw up?!
suggestions??? ugh...thanks

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Apart from charcoal (which the vet should handle!!) I don't know if there is anything you can do at home (that is not h2o2).

I would call the emergency vet and check! In the meantime, WATCH HER with 10000 eyes.

·
Registered
443 Posts
And I agree with the others - a call to the ER vet - if it were me, I would not want to handle this myself for the exact reason you stated such as causing a blockage.

The only home thing I know of is peroxide - charcoal is a vet thing.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i called my friend who is my vet's assistant...
she thinks i should just wait it out

i'm tempted to try to peroxide! any tried it?!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ummm I always thought that such can interwine in a pets intestines, guess you have been lucky, hope doggy is fine.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Time to get a hamper witha good lid for you unmentionables and use it.

We have. It works. A table spoon usually does it. Wait 15 minutes, if nothing, do another, wait another 15 minutes. If still nothing, call your vet.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
she's acting totally fine...like she usually does...
but it's sooo stressful :S...
i'm trying to get a hold of my vet to clear the peroxide idea with him before i try it....i'll keep ya posted.
thanks!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Perhaps in the future if the hamper with lid doesn't work - you should just buy edible underwear. lol J/K

I know you are stressed and I can thankfully say that after many pairs of underwear, washcloths, fabric bibs, etc... our dogs have never required surgery (or vet intervention) for their chewing escapades. Of course I have never been aware that they have eaten an entire piece of any cloth. They usually bite holes out of washcloths and bibs and eat the crotch out of panties, but that is it.

I hope that all turns out well for Snoopy and that it all comes out in the end. I personally would just wait and watch for awhile before going through costly vet bills or intervention. Do watch closely though as it can turn bad very quick.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ya i'm not going to use charcoal
BAH - my vet said not to use the peroxide....only if she swallows pills or chocolate or something....

time to play the waiting game

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I'd start using a hamper with a lid and maybe buy some Grannick's bitter apple spray and spray the dirty clothes with it before you place in the hamper.

Does she chew them up into small pieces or eat whole? Silly little girl!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
just a side note to back up what cheezyridr said - when my beagle ate some ibuprofen (painkillers) my vet told me to try and induce vomiting and THEN give her charcoal tablets - so I think the idea is that they absorb some of the toxins not that they cause vomiting

hope snoopy is ok

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
she fully swallows them WHOLE! in like...1.2 seconds flat! it's insane!!! i do have a hamper with a closed lid and am very careful. maybe i'll do the bitter apple spray tho. she was sleeping when this happened and i left the room for literally 2 seconds to get my cell phone. incredible
so far she's ok...still crossin my fingers
thanks everyone

·
Registered
959 Posts
Shut the doors, lock the cabinets, get a hamper with a combo lock, and then bar the way to your bedroom or shower. This pup is fast and bright....I'd call the vet, and ask him/her what to do when she does get them. We've been in for intestinal surgery with both dogs because of eating smaller things, and it was no fun.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ughhhhh ya i'm soooo scared of that happening :S
she's still acting fine....just waiting for her to puke em up and crossing my fingers that she will!!! so stressful :S
thanks.... i will definetely do all in my powers to keep her away from them :S

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
I guess I'm dense--I'm still trying to get how Snoopy swallows your unmentionables whole!! My Shiloh used to go for my daughter's bras when she was a puppy (S., not daughter) but she only chewed, no swallowing. Good luck, and let us know how things work out.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts