Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to give Dixie the heartguard and frontline before she goes in for surgery Thursday?

I figured if it was ok i would give it to her tomorrow afternoon but i wasn't sure.

I just want to make sure i don't do something to cause any trouble during the surgery.

· Registered
1,053 Posts
I wish I could help you - but since we don't need EITHER here, I just don't know. I'd call my vet's office, they should be able to tell you. I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but I simply don't know. This is the only place I've lived that doesn't have either heartworm OR flea problems, which is great - it would be super expensive for me with 10 dogs! When I lived in Sacramento (15 years ago), I fought fleas constantly - and they didn't have Frontline then - and heartworm protection was EVERY day (nasty little white pills that my keeshond would spit out) - and it was $30/month (I had 3 dogs then). It's wonderful that they have all these new treatments that are so inexpensive!

· Premium Member
1,058 Posts
I would suggest calling your vet just to be sure. I know that dogs can sometimes react to these treatments (I use Revolution and there is always a risk). Your vet would be the best one to be able to tell you for sure. Have you used it before?

· Premium Member
1,058 Posts
Well, the vet would be able to tell you for sure if it will interfere with any of the medication they are going to be giving her. I don't think it would cause a problem but I would call to be sure. You would hate for them to postpone the surgery because of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.