Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it ok to give Dixie the heartguard and frontline before she goes in for surgery Thursday?

I figured if it was ok i would give it to her tomorrow afternoon but i wasn't sure.

I just want to make sure i don't do something to cause any trouble during the surgery.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I wish I could help you - but since we don't need EITHER here, I just don't know. I'd call my vet's office, they should be able to tell you. I wouldn't think there would be a problem, but I simply don't know. This is the only place I've lived that doesn't have either heartworm OR flea problems, which is great - it would be super expensive for me with 10 dogs! When I lived in Sacramento (15 years ago), I fought fleas constantly - and they didn't have Frontline then - and heartworm protection was EVERY day (nasty little white pills that my keeshond would spit out) - and it was $30/month (I had 3 dogs then). It's wonderful that they have all these new treatments that are so inexpensive!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i feel for you, Luckly it is only a once a month treatment, and it is only $22 at the most per month.

But with rebates and such it lowered the price by buying in bulk! lol

Anyone else?

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
I would suggest calling your vet just to be sure. I know that dogs can sometimes react to these treatments (I use Revolution and there is always a risk). Your vet would be the best one to be able to tell you for sure. Have you used it before?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh she is on this stuff, I was wondering if it will affect her during surgery if i was to give her medicine since i usually give it to her the first week of the month.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Well, the vet would be able to tell you for sure if it will interfere with any of the medication they are going to be giving her. I don't think it would cause a problem but I would call to be sure. You would hate for them to postpone the surgery because of it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just talked to the vet earlier and she said it will be fine to give Dixie her medicine.

As long as the heartguard is given before Wed. 10 pm.

But she got both today so she will be fine!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.