Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Phoebe, Ted, and my lab, Jazzy outside while I was doing housework this afternoon. I was in another part of the house and heard Jazzy barking like crazy. I went and opened the back door and she came racing in...I looked for the beags(Phoebe usually follows Jazzy everywhere)and didn't see them. I called...no answer, I went outside and looked...no beagles. As I was scanning the yard, I saw a missing board from our privacy fence. My heart stopped! :angel:
And that DH is in big trouble, because he was supposed to fix that board! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
Oh, boy!! That was heart stopping indeed!! I had a mental picture of the whole scene and that was scary. Thank goodness you've found them (and thanks to your neighbors too!!)

·
Registered
667 Posts
ahhh..you must have been terrified...Ive had Snoopy run off a few times but I was always kinda close, knew where he went.

Glad all is safe and fine now

Amanda and snoops

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Thank goodness for a happy ending. It's the one thing I dread that ours get out. I see visions of car accidents or being shot by the hunter. Glad yours are safe.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif OMG, I would die..... great neighbor you have... Thank god it ended well /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would have been a crying mess! Thank the stars for good neighbors! I'm glad everything worked out and that they are home safe. Is the fence fixed yet?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, you just lived through my worst nightmare... Good job getting them back in one piece and not losing your head.

A few weeks after we rescued our Josie, she got away from my wife while out for a walk. My wife had to run back to the house to get me, and it was probably the scariest moment of my life trying to retrieve her (and it really didn't even take long... There was a rabbit (or the scent of one) in a big bushy area, and when I got there, Josie had just come out and I was able to tackle her). And that was when we just had her a couple of weeks! I can't imagine what I would go through losing her now that she's practically my baby!

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Caesar's Mom, Oh yes, the fence is fixed, and each board double checked personally by DH! :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thank goodness this story had a happy ending!! I have only had to do one chase with Maggie in her lifetime -- she was having an anxiety attack and running full speed. When I caught up with her, she was almost to the main street. I pushed her to the ground and collapsed next to her. My heart didn't stop pounding for hours!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Having been through the agony of a dog gone missing, I know the feelings you had. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I'm so glad that everything turned out well, and that all's secure now. You're lucky to have such a good neighbor.

·
Registered
889 Posts
OMG what a heart stopping moment, glad to hear that everyone is safe and sound. I think your hubby has some serious groveling to do.

·
Registered
751 Posts
oh my gosh! I am happy that is over for you.

I had a couple of minor moments when he got out of his collar outside, or broke away from me. He never went anywhere but a few feet away but I could have passed out each time. Nervous that he would run.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts