Our Beagle World Forums banner

Haven't been on in awhile. It's Autumns 9th birthday :)

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Autumn's Mom 
#1 ·
Hey you guys. I haven another grandchild that's been keeping me very busy. I haven't been on here in awhile. Little Miss Autumn turned 9 though. Hope all your Beagles are doing well.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
She's ok. She grew up with my older grandchildren but is much more crabbier with this little one. She has her moments and they seem drawn to each other but I have to be honest she has snapped at him which does concern me. I know she's older and it is always due to food of some sort that's she's trying to get. She's a Beagle true and true that's for sure. I keep a close eye on both of them. Thanks for the good wishes. He's already 17 months. I've been caring for him while my daughter works. How are Neb & Xerxes?

Attachments

#7 ·
Oh he's adorable! Shucks. Sounds like you're enjoying having him with you - Toby's mom does the same thing with our nieces and nephew a lot. Good call on keeping an eye out on the two of them. Could be that she's older. Neb we feed separately as he's crabby about food (recognizing that it is crabbiness at other dogs, so different, but he's also old, so who the heck knows).

Neb and Xerxes are well - Neb's arthritic now, but then, he's 13.5 years old. Doesn't like stairs so we do our best to minimize them. Takes meloxicam for the inflammation and pain - 98% of the time we don't think it does anything and then out of nowhere he'll try playing with one of the other two (we got a Rottie mix puppy two years ago next month...he's a bit of an annoying git (to them) but they all love each and get along well) which normally he hasn't done for years. We also give him special joint supplements.

Xerxes is good - he was having incontinence issues while sleeping (on my pillow mostly, we sleep together at night...nothing like waking up with a pee stain next to your head) - ran a battery of tests, in the end, there was no clear cause (sometimes there's not) so we were going to put him on an incontinence medication. Didn't like the side effects, thought we'd rather just do laundry more...and wouldn't you know it, he's stopped on his own. No idea why it started or why it ended. We wondered about heat and drinking a lot, but he still does huge pees outside now if we don't take him out constantly and he is not having any more accidents. Dunno.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.