Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-sigh- So, I was in Pet Supermarket the other day to have Cassidy fitted into a new harness now that she has reached one year of age and a nice 24 pounds. I have 5 people, that's right, 5 people, come up to me and say, You have a great looking beagle, but she looks overweight. I was like excuse me? After the 5th person, I talked really loud so that everyone could hear me, My beagle is not overweight. She is actually one pound under the standard weight of t a 13 inch beagle. She just has a large chest, you guys have seen pictures of my pup! Makes me so angry...it's like someone coming up to you to tell you that your kid is fat you know? GGGRRRRRRRRRRR!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have never seen a pic of Cassidy that made me think she looked like anything other than a healthy, adorable beagle! I would never have thought she was overweight in the slightest.

I just don't understand why some people feel it is OK to just spout out their unsolicited opinion. Did they think they were going to save Cassidy from some horrible fate that you and her vet are completely unaware of?! Did they see a sign on Cassidy asking for advice?!

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have never had that happen, but beagles generally do have big chests. I think it makes them better to hug.

And also very hard to fit for a jacket or harness.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Some people are just annoying! From the pics I have seen I would not even think to call Cassidy overweight!

People need to censor themselves. Unsolicited advice/opinions is one of my biggest pet peeves. Let it go in one ear and out the other!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Beagles have alot of extra skin that make them sometimes look chunky in the right (or wrong) lighting haha. People are just annoying.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't really have that problem, but everyone that sees Hailey, thinks she's a pup. She's fully grown and 2 years old now. Although, her attitude about life makes me think she's still a pup.

So the question I have for you; can you and your beagle go out and not get mobbed by people because of the cuteness factor?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Everyone thinks Daisy is a puppy too, even though she's nearly 4. LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts