Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - not sure what is going on with Shasta. Came home from work and there two large pee puddles on the kitchen floor - each had a spot or two of some kind of red-mucousy substance. Remember, I had posted a day or so ago about the dog food question so I was automatically suspicious of that. Another thing I noticed about the puddles - both looked kind of concentrated - again I was thinking about the food - hmmmmmmmmmm. Then, for some reason I was looking around their bed - it has a zipper cover on it. Well Shasta had chewed off the zipper pull - it looked like maybe a little was missing - not sure. I also noticed some of the nylon thread from the bed laying nearby - Shasta is the ONLY one of the two that would do this. However, both dogs have great coats and were active when I got home. However then again I thought about all the stuff that I have found is Shasta's mouth. Then I remembered too about her being off her feed a little - not a usual thing for a Beagle. So we ended up over at the vet clinic. She was still acting ok tho. The vet examined her - listened to my descriptions of what I had seen and how Shasta had acted with her food and thought it sounded like a possible bladder infection. Gave her an injection of Ampicillan(Poly-Dex?) plus a week of antibiotic tablets. Then, brely got out of the parking lot and Shasta threw-up all over me and the car seat -basically undigested treats(2) and a little grass. We went back to the vet mainly to let them know(see) what had happened. We all decided it could not have been a reaction to the injection so soon - it had to have been less than 10-15 minutes. So now Shasta is not allowed to eat/drink anything until tomorrow. She is a little quiet - even when we go out, she won't get far away from me. Before we got in the car to come home the first time- rite after the injection, I noticed she was being real quiet and slow at getting in - I should have known what was to come next.

Anyway, not sure how much I will be around this weekend. Shasta will either be in her crate most of the time or locked in the kitchen. I need to get bak downstairs where she is. I'll try to stop by when I can.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/pic.gif
Shasta is doing better today. After not having anything to eat last nite for dinner and not much to drink either, she was more than ready to dig into her breakfast. She is eating the new food well as is Shiloh so we are not going back to the old at all - just in case. I was mixing a little of the old(Nutro) with the new(Blue Buffalo) for a couple of weeks so I think now is a good time to make the total switch.

Anyway, both of the Beaglebratz had their breakfast, went outside then came bak in and played a bit. Last I looked - they were taking a nap-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts