Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading/lurking around here for great information the past few months and just gathered enough courage to register and post.

Hi, my name is Alan and I'm owned by Java--a 6 month old beagle.

http://www.geocities.com/ikoolykedat/javashy.JPG (converted to link as too large for this section)
Here's Java at 3 months looking as shy as can be.

Here's a few of Java looking not so shy and posing for the camera. He's also pretending to be obedient =)

I hope to keep learning from you all.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to BW. What a beautiful little girl! Love that red "ticking"! We look forward to lots more pictures! This is a great place to learn about the breed - as you've probably already learned!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you and Java from Henry and I! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif

OMG...you have a cute one! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif Very huggable! Thanks for sharing those pictures.

My Henry was an adult rescue as were alot of BW beetles so we get our puppy fix from others'.

Glad you came on!

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif Java is a very handsome fellow, and I really like his ticking, too. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif
Java is beautiful, we can't wait to hear all about him.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Welcome to you and Java!!! Your baby girl is precious - a real cutie!! Look forward to hearing stories about Java!!

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Welcome!! Java is absolutely ADORABLE!!

So tell me...just how obedient is he? LOL

Does he really only pretend to be obedient, or is he starting to 'get it'? I have a three month old little girl that's not even close to getting it. Please tell me it's all good at six months of age! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thsmiley_fistshake.gif

·
Registered
443 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif Hello & welcome to you & Jave. Such a cutie & handsome young man you have there. I love the pic of him in his crate. I bet there is no mischef there at all /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif
And I love his red ticking - so glad you decided to join us.
We are off now to la-la land /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Alan and a big ole arrroooo welcome to Java. He is a fine looking beagle. Like many, I have only experience with adutl rescues but look forward to exchanging stories.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome, & is Java your first beag? (You might be in for a
"learning curve" if this one is your first)! Beags can be very
sneaky as my first one ate our bait anchovies for several years
before being "caught red-pawd" as he was pretending to be
asleep with a tail of one sticking out of his mouth! Pop finally
noticed this & whispered to me to look at Snapper. Snapper very slowly opened one eye to see us staring at his mouth & slammed
his eyelid shut! Shortly after that he gulped the anchovie down
& that was the last one he stole from us! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks everyone!

Yes, Java's my first beagle and, boy, has he taught me a lot about myself!
The little dude is a bonafide escape artist!
When he was a little younger, I put up two doggy gates in hopes that he'd have some leg and play room. It was situated slightly higher from the ground because the moldings prevented me from having it flushed against the floor. I placed some boxes next to the gates to dissuade him from trying to crawl underneath. I thought to myself the opening is fairly small, so the chances are low, right? Wrong. He splashed his water on the boxes to get it soft and moist. He then proceeded with chewing and clawing at it until there was enough room for thim to crawl/sneak out! From then on, I realized I have a handful here. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/classic-smiley-11.gif
On another occassion, he's also leaped over the gates to relax on the couch while I was at work.

As for being obedient, he's getting there /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/gaah.gif

He's quite determined!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts