Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally remembered the other thing I was going to ask, but thought it might make a good new topic, in case someone else looks for the same information later on.

We have hardwood floors throughout the entire house, except the kitchen and bathrooms, which are linoleum (sp?). I know there are a lot of cleaners for doggie messes that are made for carpets, but what special things should I do for hardwood floors? I found one bottle of cleaner that was made just for this purpose, but haven't gotten it yet, just in case I hear of something better. Does anyone have any helpful tips for what to do for puppy messes on hardwood floors?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Vinegar and water. It's cheap, easy, and doesn't have anything in it that can hurt your pup or your hardwood floors. Also, be prepared, their little claws put tiny little scratches all over your hardwood floors.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'm lazy, I just got wood floor wipes. Just pop one out the bag and wipe up any spills or messes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

·
Registered
865 Posts
speaking of being lazy...I keep a spray bottle of vinegar water mix, so I can just spray and wipe.

haven't seen the wood floor wipes, those might be nice!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I have hardwood floors. Chloe doesn't scratch it though...
I clean with water, pine sol and hardwood floor oil I got to keep everything shiny.

·
Registered
865 Posts
ya know, come to think of it, my floors are pine - making them much more prone to scratching. If you don't have pine you may not have to worry about the scratches!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have cherry hardwood floors in the kitchen and dining room, and Blue has not scratched them. He hasn't had any accidents on the flooring, and he won't sit on them if there isn't a rug either. I did, however, buy a Shark Steam Mop for all of the muddy foot prints we had this winter. It works wonders and dries much faster than using a Swiffer or actually mopping the floor.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So vinegar and water will work fine? What percentage? 50/50? I have read a lot about having enzymatic cleaners on hand. Is this the same as the vinegar? Or if it is different, do the two basically do the same thing?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'm not sure if vinegar and water mix is enzymatic but I don't need that as I'm only cleaning up other spills and dirt not pet urine etc. as my dogs are adult and don't mess in the house.

My floors are solid oak and the dogs have never scratched them although I have.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts