Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not ready to type this us, I never will be ready.

It hasn't even sunk in yet, that he's gone....he's really gone. I'm having to live a life without my best friend. I haven't eaten or slept since he was stolen from me. But I have to do this....for him.

I HATE CANCER, I HATE CANCER, I HATE CANCER!

Beau came into my life 11 years ago he was a young pup and I was barely a teenager, and he quickly became my best friend.

For 11 years I didn't know a day without him. We've been through everything together, from being bullied, relationships, moves, good times and bad, he was my constant and my rock. He grounded me and made me care about something.

I loved him with my heart and soul and when cancer stole him from me it stole my heart as well. He was a damn good dog and fighter till the end. He was my best friend, my soul mate, my heart, and my world.

You were a good dog Beau, a good dog.

I love you and will forever miss you Beagle.

Happy trails and Happy hunting

Beau
11/03/2002-11/21/2013

His last photo before I released him to the rainbow bridge:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.

He was loved and lived a happy and wonderful life. He will truly be missed.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Oh it's just awful when we lose our beloved pets. You gave Beau a wonderful life filled with love and happiness. I'm really, really sorry.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. He was lucky to have you to care for him and love him. My eyes are tearing up because I lost my beloved Dickens to cancer in June. I still miss him. Beau will always be in your heart.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
That totally made me cry. I am sooooo sorry. Those of us who have lost our best buddies know how it feels. It hurts! Hopefully, one day, you will be ready to open your heart to a new doggie friend. IMO, the pain of losing them is worth the amount of joy they bring us every day. I wouldn't miss that for the world.

There are tons of beagles in shelters every day. Many do not make it out - even the puppies. Anyone of them would so lucky to find you. I think Beau will look down on you and help you find that new friend at the right time. He wouldn't want you to be sad.

Your pictures are wonderful. I pray that all your happy memories of Beau will help you to get through this very difficult time.

Sending you big hugs!
Jan

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I totally understand your feelings. I just lost my coonhound on 11/17/13. It will get better but there will always be a hole in your heart. I don't care what anyone says but some pets are just that special to us. I'm sending big warm hugs from my pack. I'm so sorry....
I HATE CANCER too !!!!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
So deeply sorry for your loss. Cancer took my Maddie girl also. I was lucky to have a healthy, loyal, happy, special girl for so long, 14 1/2 years before she was taken by cancer. I'll miss her til the day I die but I'm so grateful to have had such a special girl like her in my life. I'm sure nothing anyone says really takes away the pain your feeling, but just know that reading your post has put a knot in each one of our throats and tears are near. When I lost my Tiddles two years ago my mom suggested that I get a puppy to pull me out of my depression, so i got 2! Then shortly after Maddies passing I found a beagle that needed to be adopted and I now have Molly. None of these dogs could ever replace Tiddles or Maddie, they are not here to do that. But they will love me and we will build a special bond and have fun along the way. Your pup is beautiful, and thank you for sharing your story and your pictures.

Tiddles & Maddie My angels
maddie and tiddles2.jpg
Sammy & GeorgiaMy terrible 2 year olds...lol
Sammy & Georgia.jpg
MollyMy new baby
molly.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you everyone for the kind words....

I don't think I'll ever be able to own another Beagle because of how much I loved Beau.

But I do have a new puppy a Lab and he's been a blessing, his name is Outlaw and he's my little Labbydork

·
Registered
130 Posts
Your photos are just beautiful and couldn't hold back the tears on the last one. Brought me back to when I had to say goodbye to my basset hound! The most horrible feeling in the world is to have to say goodbye .

·
Registered
86 Posts
How heartbreaking! I couldn't help but tear up looking at the pics, from his little baby pic to his last one. What a beautiful relationship you had.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"We met, it seems, such a short time ago
You looked at me - needing me so
Yet from your sadness
Our happiness grew
And I found out I needed you too
I remember how we used to play
I recall those rainy days
The fire's glow
That kept us warm
And now I find - we're both alone
Goodbye may seem forever
Farewell is like the end
But in my heart is a memory
And there you'll always be
Goodbye may seem forever
Farewell is like the end
But in my heart is a memory
And there you'll always be" - The Fox and The Hound

How I miss you so Beau, it's coming on 6 months without you and feels like it was yesterday I made the choice to end your battle with cancer. I miss you more then words can say and my heart aches for you everyday. It kills me knowing you're gone my little "Copper" dog. I still remember almost naming you Copper after my favorite Disney movie. What I would do just to hug you one last time! What I would do to hear that bay, smell you, hold you...just touch you one last final time. I took you for granted and now that you're gone there is so much I regret. I wish I could take it all back.

I miss training with you and watching you roll in the grass. I miss telling you my hopes and dreams. I miss having my best friend around. I miss my shadow, my heart and my soul. You took a large part of my heart with you when you left and I deeply miss you. It's not the same.

I can't believe it's been 6 months without you boy. Six of the longest and hardest months of my life. I can finally smile at some of your memories, and I finally got to see a Beagle the other day and I didn't break down sobbing.

I miss you boy and hope you're happy at the bridge, maybe one day I'll get the courage to watch The Fox and The Hound again one day.

Happy Hunting Beau I love you and miss you so much my baby boy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts