Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just delivered our little foster girl to her forever people and home. They were nice people and she will have an another dog to play with, has a nice yard and good fence. So why am I blubbering like a baby! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I tried very hard no to get attached in the 3 weeks we had her, but she was a little devil but still a little doll. Sniff, sniff! My three had better get ready for some serious cuddling until I can turn the tears off.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I understand why you feel sad, but you've done such a good thing for this little girl. :thumbup: My hat's off to those who can foster and then let their charges go. They're an invaluable part of the rescue process.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Awww, you did a good thing by fostering, now you have given this dog a chance at a great life. I would love to be able to foster but I don't thinkI could part with the dog at the end.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The longer i spend with my new pups, the harder it is to even consider not having them around. I dont know much about fostering but what i can gather there is a great deal of time,energy, and love that goes into it and the separation of the part of your life you instilled in theirs has its heart break. The sense of loss is only part of the circle of embracing life. Job well done.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I still remember with a lot of fondness the pups that my best friend fostered a few years ago (I was over at her house most days of the week and spent a lot of time with them). It's really easy to get attached to dogs that you help care for, and there's no shame in mourning their moving on to great homes /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I just hope that now I'm in a house with a yard, someday I'll be able to follow in those footsteps.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Kathleen,

It takes a very strong, selfless and special person to foster a pup then give it up. If it weren't for foster parents, rescuers would not be able to do what they do.

Right before we moved up here, I fostered a beagle named Elvis. The only reason I didn't keep him was because I already had three dogs and was getting married and preparing to move out of the state.

When his new parents came to pick him up, I cried on their shoulder. (I can cry now remembering how hard it was). It was the best thing I could have done for him. They loved him so much for so long and when he died suddenly several years ago, it was their turn to cry to me.

Thank you for fostering.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I can't even imagine how hard it is to let a dog that stayed with me for a while go, even if it is going to a forever home.....

I salute you!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was the same way when I let go of my last foster, Grace back in May. The thing that comforted me a little was that I went through a rescue group, so I knew she was going to a good home. If I find another abandoned or stray beagle, I will do it again in a minute. You probably saved her life by fostering her until her new family came along.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Spencer's Mum:
Awww, you did a good thing by fostering, now you have given this dog a chance at a great life. I would love to be able to foster but I don't thinkI could part with the dog at the end.
I know I would be attached in about 5 min.(or less)! BB you have done a very kind thing and my hats off to you ! :happyhappy: :heart:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
aawwww I love the fact that you feel sad when they go to their forever home. I never thought that I would be able to foster but it has now been over a year and 20 beagles to new homes. It warms my heart each time I see them with their new families. I tell myself each time a new one comes in that if I adopt then that is one less space to save another one.

Welcome to the world of fostering !!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Sandyj:
I understand why you feel sad, but you've done such a good thing for this little girl. :thumbup: My hat's off to those who can foster and then let their charges go. They're an invaluable part of the rescue process.
I agree! For the record though, I would do exactly as you are and blubber like a baby!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I can imagine how you feel. However, you did a great job and keep up the good work.
Once Susi and Snoopy have had their lives we might foster. We'll be too old then to take on a new dog so fostering would be a good alternative.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.