Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A year today, we made a 8 hour round-trip to LA to pick up Violet. We were looking for a playmate for Duke, since Cassie was way too old to enjoy his puppy antics. We found Violet through Petfinder and though she was a pound puppy, her adoption was coordinated through a rescue and we were lucky enough to be chosen as her new family. We took Duke with us to make sure they got along, which they did, right from the start.

From the minute we saw her tiny self, and her sweet smile, we knew she was the perfect choice for our new family member. She was at home instantly and her and Duke were inseparable. Cassie took a bit to warm to her, but even she couldn’t resist Vi’s charms. We searched for the perfect name, since she was a stray and nobody knew her name in her old life. The pound had given her the name, Violet and after all our searching, we decided to stick with Violet because it was so perfect for her, a sweet, beautiful little blossom.

In the year Violet has been with our family, she has brought us so much joy. She is a true cuddle bug and will nuzzle up against us for loves. She grunts while she’s cuddling and it’s so cute. She has a very loving temperament, which tells us that she was well loved in her former life. She is a good girl and was totally housebroken from day 1. She likes to romp and stomp and play with Duke and she is a little scrapper when they get going. She wants to play with kitty Phoebe, but Pheebs isn’t always too into that, so Vi mainly barks at Phoebe with her adorable little part bark-part howl. She likes to stand on her back legs and dance around for a treat, and she’s just a little girl, a little under 11”, which has earned her the nickname Tiny Dancer.

We knew with a rescue we were taking our chances, having no idea what type of a life she had lived before. We were fully away that there could be a lot of issues to deal with and we were ready to take that leap. We are so blessed to have found such a wonderful girl and have her instantly be such a perfect match for our family and lifestyle. There are times I’ve felt sorry for the family that lost her, knowing she was loved and knowing the loss they must have felt, but I am so happy she ended up here, with us.

Happy 1 year Adoption Day, Violet! You have made your new family complete and we love you!

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
She is a little doll! Just love that first picture. My husband likes to say that Beagles are not subborn, just focused. And if that is not the picture of focused, I do not know what is!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Happy Adoption Day Violet - a day late but hopefully that is okay! What a wonderful story of a family and a rescue fitting together so perfectly... I hope people who are nervous about taking the plunge with a rescue are able to read this happy tail and think about it seriously!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Happy adoption day violet, have a lovely day ad lots of cuddles and treats

1 - 16 of 16 Posts