Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else's beagle have hairy feet, I mean under the paws? I've owned quite a few beagles but none with hairy feet like Missy.
I have to trim the hair about every 3 weeks or so, good thing she doesn't put up a fuss!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/photo.gif

·
Registered
289 Posts
As a matter of fact, laying in bed with Miley last night I was playing with her paws and I noticed that she has very nice feet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif they are still pink and pretty.

Not hairy at all.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe's paws are pink as well, I'm not sure what you mean by as hairy, but between her pads, there are a few hairs, not long so I don't need to trim them. I would say her paws are pretty in pink /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
223 Posts
I guess I would say that Arty's feet are hairy... but I have never trimmed them before. I have thought about it but I think he gets plenty traumatized from getting his nails trimmed that I just forget about the hair. He's really sensitive to getting his paws touched though.

Here's a picture for you to compare. Im on vacation now and Arty's with my parents and i TOTALLY miss him. I want to kiss his stinky feet when I look at this picture!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Just been and had a look and I would say that both of my girls feet are much the same as Arty's in relation to hair amount although they are a lot pinker. I have never trimmed them.

Take a pic for us Louise hehe

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Thank goodness Duke's aren't hairy, I would never be able to trim them. Can't even get him to let me trim his nails, which is why we have an appt. at the groomers tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Caesar's paws are hairy but I don't trim it. I had heard that dogs who live in colder climates grow more fur between the pads on thier feet for warmth. I don't know if that's true for all dogs but it is for Caesar.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Arty's feet are not hairy compared to Missy's, I will take a pic before I trim them next time.
As far has growing more hair because it's cold, I don't think that's the case, because Brandi's are not hairy at all /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hihi.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Popcorn has quite a lot of hair in between her pads - I play with it sometimes when she is lying beside me... The other two definitely have less hairy feet than she does!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Maggie is extremely cautious of her paws as well. I don't know what it is but she hates having them touched!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I think Jersey's feet are pretty hairy between the pads. Not to the point where I think they need to be trimmed though. Sometimes I do the same thing as Bookermoose and play with it when Jersey is laying next to me. She hates it when I do that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts