Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you probably read my post about Marley's hair.

We have CHenille couches in the family room that suck up his hair and it is so very difficult to vacuum it off, that I have just about stopped trying.

We are getting new ones soon but I cannot decide on what kind.

Any suggestions on types that will clean or vacuum easier? A saleman recommended leather but I am not sure I want that.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might have to try that. We do still need new couches though, so maybe I will buy covers afterwards.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I would go for washed out leather (nice ones though, not those that look old and dampy). That way you can just wipe the hair away....

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I have leather and it's the best choice I ever made. Hairs just fall off onto the floor for easy vacuuming and dirt just wipes away with a damp cloth. The dogs haven't scratched the leather either.

It was a difficult decision for me to make because I'm a vegetarian but practicality overtook my thoughts and feelings and I'm glad they did.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Our couch is microfiber. It brushes off fairly easily. We bought a small handheld vacuum. I believe it is a Hoover. I'll have to double check. It has a very strong motor and two beater brushes. It does an excellent de-furring job!.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I also have the Micro fibre. It is the easiest to take care of. The hair comes right off..

·
Registered
182 Posts
I also vote for leather, with four dogs it has been a godsend. And with all the running and jumping on it - not a mark, not a scratch!

·
Registered
147 Posts
we have durahide(nice way of saying fake leather)and wood floors-i love brushing off the couch with my hand and just sweeping the floor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.