Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beagle, Bailey, has an excisive amount of hair......she is sheding sooooo much.....Texas Heat means muuuch sheding......Does anyone take there Beagle to a groomer and get their dogs hair thined out and or trimed.....I dont want to do a buzz cut, I want her to still look like a beagle but I just want her to be cool....My dogs are inside outside whenever (Doggy Door)..I brush and brush and it is neverending....and I am talking at one sitting.. all the time...I dont want the stop sheding stuff because it doesnt work....I mainly want to know what a groomer can do for a Beagle..Please Help me,Help me

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Normally it is enough to groom a beagle daily when they are malting. Vast amounts of hair can come off. I havent heard of having a beagle trimmed. If unusual amounts of hair is being shed then there might be some deficiency, a small drop of vegetable oil in the dogs food could help.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isnt an unual amount....This is Texas Heat....I bought a Shed ender comb and it does help....... My 3 usually stay nice and cool in the house....but Bailey has the most hair....and when she comes in from outside she shakes alot of hair off...and Monday is usually Vacum day..

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Lynne, what is a Shed-Ender comb and where do you get it? Miss Shiloh sheds so bad; I brush and brush her, but it just seems like a never ending battle. And our real heat hasn't even started yet!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.