Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while when we play tug-o-war Jersey's gums will start to bleed. Mike was playing with her today and it happened again. I checked her mouth and it appears to be just around the middle teeth...just past her canines but not the big molars in the back. Those teeth aren't very large and it looks like it may just be the fabric rubbing up against the gum line that's making her bleed. I'm not too worried as it doesn't happen too often, but I'll definitely be asking my vet about it the next time we go. Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Somtimes when mine chew on the "tug toys" there will be a little blood - but think it's just the "threads" cutting the gumline. It happens rarely - and I don't think it's anything to worry about - for my pack anyway.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maggie's gums bled once while she was chewing on a greenie. I wouldn't worry about an occasional thing but, if you're like me, you keep an on-going list of stuff to ask the vet about and that would go on the list. Maybe change whatever you are using to play tug-o-war? If Jersey likes nylabones or those things with the nubby bumps on them, they might stimulate her gums a bit.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If Cassie is attacking a rope or hard treat, her gums bleed some. But she has really strong jaws and when she chews a toy or treat, she is voracious.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Molly's gums also used to bleed every now and then when we would play tug-o-war with her rope toys. I'm sure Maggie's will do the same...especially once her baby teeth start to fall out.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know, actually. I don't play tug with Chloe all that often /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/th_-swoon.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I figured it was just from the way she pulls. She is nuts when we play tug-o-war with her. She really likes to pull. Today could have been the "toy" of choice. Mike took an old sock, tied knots in it and was using that to play with her. Sometimes I think it's just how hard she chews. Like Zookeeper was saying about her Cassie, Jersey sometimes chews hard on her toys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts