·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this:
A. The poster dog for Purina.
B. UNO's cousin.
C. My new foster.

If you answered C, you are correct! Although I won't consider it final until I get him home, there's a 95% likelihood that I'll get him. I'll post more info and pics when I'm able to do so with him in my lap!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I agree that he looks sad. I am sure if he comes home to you and your pack he will start looking happier immediately. I'll keep good thoughts coming your way.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is in a kill shelter, so I'm sure that he knows what's going on. He is also very small at 18 pounds, not neutered, and heartworm positive, We'll just have to take one issue at a time, then we'll work on finding him a forever home.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's official! I go pick him up Friday!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I decided to get him today since he just had surgery and every day he was there made him more prone to getting sick. I've named him Jake, and he has quite the road ahead before getting adopted. He has yeast infection all over, then we have to start heartworm treatment. One step at a time....lol.... Here's a few happy photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Oh the poor thing. His skin looks like he must feel horrible. Take good care of that baby. No dog deserves this.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bedtime update!
. Jake is settling in very well and has gotten all the zoomies out of his system. It took him a few tries, but he ate all his dinner. At first he wouldn't eat out of the bowl, so I had to put his food straight on the floor! Thankfully, he loves sleeping in his crate. I have to wonder if this is the first night he's ever slept in a bed, or inside for that matter. Even with all the misfortune he's had until now, he is a sweet, happy little boy!

Sweet Dreams!!

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally Posted By: judymaggieI bet Jake is going to feel better in no time under your loving care!
Well we've got some terrific mentors!!
I just gave him a lime dip which is supposed to help his skin. Hopefully the hair on his back will start growing back! Judy, how is Maggie doing?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts