Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... so here's what happened.

This past weekend my hubby and I went to my parents house down in Tampa for my Grandmother's memorial service (she passed away a couple of weeks ago
). Normally when we go to visit we take the pups with us, but this time my dad requested that we leave them at home/board them because there were going to be so many people at the house after the memorial service and it was just so hectic. We decided that was fine and talked to my neighbor about taking care of them Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. She has done this once before without trouble.

On Sunday we got a phone call from her saying that every time she went to the house on Saturday (every 4-6hrs) one of the dogs had peed AND pooped in the house! This is extremely unusual for our dogs. The only time that this has happened in the past was when Daisy was sick. Other than that, they just don't have accidents. And they're left during the day for about 10hrs while we're at work.

So I thought that maybe one of them wasn't feeling well because on Sunday everything was fine. We got back late Sunday night with no problems. Then on Monday my neighbor came over to the house while we were at work to check on them for us and there were no accidents. Tuesday was a normal day where they were left all day long and there weren't any problems either.

I get home from work today and one of them had peed again!! ARRRGGHHH!!! I can't figure out what's going on. Daisy already has an appointment at the vets on Friday to get her sinuses x-rayed, so we're going to have them do a urine test and see if either of the dogs has a urinary tract infection. If they don't I'm not sure what the heck is going on.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent and see if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It may have just been the stress of mom and dad not being around. It takes a few days for Jersey to get back to normal after we've been gone. It wouldn't hurt to have Daisy checked for a UTI, but my opinion is that they still haven't settled back into their routine.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I agree with jen-n-jersey. It usually takes time pets a while before you get back to their normal routine. Just think what's its like for us when we go out of town proabably the same goes for our dogs.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! I was thinking about that, but Daisy's been drinking a lot of water lately it seems so I'm going to have her checked for a UTI since she has to go in anyway. And I'm going to try and take a sample of Rocky's in as well since I don't really know which one it was.

I shut the door to that room and came home at lunch today and they did fine. My hubby has tomorrow off and then comes the weekend so hopefully they'll get back on track.

I just can't figure out why they did it this time but not last time? Who knows.

Anyway, thanks for all the responses!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts