Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has some good grooming tips? My little one is shedding something fierce!! Just not sure what is the best brush to use or how often and such.

·
Registered
751 Posts
when I first got Marley, he wouls shed if you walked passed him. I mean it was everywhere.

Now that he is a bit older it is 100 times better. I just started brushing him daily with one of those gloves. Not much anymore since it got better with age.

How old is pup?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dog is a year and 8 months. If I run my hand down her back a few times there is usually a bunch of loose fur that collects there. I'm usually covered by the end of the night in her hehe. What is this glove you speak of?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I use the furminator with Chloe.... you have to do it daily and it's like a miracle. The first few times I did't even believe this tiny dog has so many "dead" hair on her. Now if I miss a day, it's as if I didn't brush her for a week.
I still use a lint roll before I leave the house and before throwing the cloths to the laundry basket.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I believe Marley's Mommy is referring to a 'hound glove'. Most pet stores carry them and the employees will know what you're talking about, lol. Mine is a canvas mitten that has little rubber nubs on one side. The nubs are very small and stubby and only work on short-haired breeds. I've found that using a hound glove really works great for shedding, massages the skin, and really makes Henry's coat gleam. They're also good for dog with sensitive skin or dogs that don't like regular brushes. Oh, if you live in a rural area, Tractor Supply Company and most other feed stores carry them too!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm going to look into this glove business! We have Petsmart here. It's a massinve petstore where you can bring your dog with you! My little girl has sensitive skin so she will probably love this glove! Thank your for all your help!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I use the furminator with my cats. One day when I was combing a cat, jealous Maggie came over so I combed her a little. She loved it and comes running for a turn whenever she sees me holding the furminator.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just purchased the Furminator and I am amazed with the amount of hair that comes off Buddy!

I also switched him to Canidae (dry food) and his coat is so much more healthier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I bought the Furminator because I could not find any grooming mits...which would have probably been alot cheaper LOL! But the Furminator is amazing! Works very well. I just have a hard time brushing her because she keeps trying to play and bite the brush!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I use a rubber brush made by Kong. It's great. It gets all the loose fur and dirt off her. I may try the glove as Jersey isn't too fond of being brushed. She's getting better though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts