Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all of the information on this site-it's a great resource.

We live in central Iowa and, while we've always had at least one dog, Murphy is our first beagle. It's also been a lot of years since we've had a puppy. He's now almost 6 months old and it's been a joy watching him grow and learn.

All of our past dogs have been somewhat larger (including a 150 pound St. Bernard), so it's also a change to have a medium sized dog.

We currently also have a very elderly black lab named Buster. He tolerates Murphy surprisingly well-they often cuddle up together.

Again, thanks for the site and the information here. I look forward to learning a lot about beagles!

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Welcome to BW
Murphy is a cutie. Labs and Beags seem to go together...I have a Lab too. Love the picture of your two snuggled up together!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Murphy is a little doll, and the picture of him curled up with Buster is adorable. When Miss Shiloh was a baby, she and our great standard poodle Coco were the best of friends, and often curled up together like Murphy and Buster.
Welcome to the wonderful world of beagles!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome!
You have beautiful dogs.

Labs and beagles are great together. My 15 year old Lab/Newfie mix loved my beagle, Shiloh.

I was so afraid with his 150 pounds that he would hurt Shiloh, the beagle, but they were so sweet together. Buddy was so very gentle with Shiloh.

They make a great duo!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts