Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wave: Hi
I would like to introduce myself and my hounds.
My name is Yvonne and I am owned by Griffin the Beagle and two Basset hounds called Rupert and Precious.Griffin is 11 and the Bassets are 2 and 3.We live in the UK and I have had Beagles for 26 years :cool2: I have just found this forum and am pleased that I have.
Yvonne

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome to the board! But there is nothing wrong with basset hounds!...They are just a shorter-legged & much stouter in body-size than a beagle! :thumbup: (Is it any wonder that there are at least 4 variations of the beagle !) Ie: Walker hound, Basset hound, Beagle & miniature beagle.)?! Pop & I have most of those "bases covered, with Goober, a large beag & Nibbler a medium beag & Rufus as the "tiny-tot"! But "Homer-the-Huge" @ first was thought to be a beag-mix pup...but he is most likely a Walker-Greyhound! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Welcome to you, Yvonne!

Glad you found us, too! There are alot of BW members from "across the pond".

I love basset hounds...because they remind me of "beetles".

My Henry says "HI" and "aroo" to Griffin, Rupert and Precious.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to the BW pack!

Yes, here beagles rule. But Bassets are just longer eared beagle cousins. Anyway, we have plenty of "honorary" beagles here. Rupert and Precious are more than welcome.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to Beagle World, you will love it here. Whereabouts in Wales do you live? We visit Wales and the rest of the UK at least once a year. Infact we are about to do a tour of the UK.
Photos of your hounds please! :wave:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Yvonne, :wave: A big welcome arrroooo to Griffin and sloppery kisses to Rupert and Precious. We love beagles best but all scenthounds are special and any of your beagle's buddy's (Rupert and Precious) are more than welcome but because they are Bassets (fellow hounds) you will get requests to post pictures of all the family. Welcome to Beagle World /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

This is Griffin

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

and this is Rupert and Precious

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thanks for sharing . Griffin looks like a grand old man. Much more distingished, as all UK beagles are, than my American hunting beagle Bagel. Rupert and Precious look like what a Basset should, most Bassets over here are bulkier (Over loved and over fed) but Rupert and Precious look ready for anything. The one Bassets I know who looks like yours competes in agility. I am very partial to older beagles, they age so well, and Griffin is a perfect example of what I love about the breed.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi Yvonne! :angel:

We have a great time yakking about our Beagles and honorary Beagles!! My Daisy is a lovely girl and has a real laid back personality which suits me just right.

A big Arrooo to Griffen, Rupert and Precious from Daisy and me.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
A big welcome and arrrooooo to you and your pack of hounds from Vancouver Canada! We have three rescue beagles but my husband grew up with basset hounds and loves them both (except for the drooling part - which is the main reason why we moved over to beagles). Marc says one of the biggest difference between beagles and bassets is walking them - beagles will take maybe 30 seconds to complete their "urinalisis" of each post/tree/leaf on a walk - but bassets will take a good 3 to 5 minutes to do so!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome, Vonny and gang! What wonderful hounds -- thanks so much for posting pics so quickly. They help us to know your pups. I have one senior rescue, Maggie, who is almost 12 so can definitely relate to Griffin. Looking forward to hearing and seeing more!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome Welcome over there to you and your beautiful hounds!

They are all good looking pups so I would definitely be proud. I, myself, have 3 beagles here (that all sleep in bed with me!) and love to see the pics and hear new stories and talk over new subjects, so feel free to jump in!

I still remember that day when I found beagle world--- (insert fond memory here) heheh. Its a great site, and we are a great group here I think!

Judi and the gang (Harley, baby Maggie, and new boy Chopper)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome! Your dogs are so cute! We're new here too, and everyone is so friendly! Enjoy! I've been LOL

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
You have beautiful hounds.

Griffin looks very distinguished and Rupert and Precious are beautiful. Like Bob mentioned, over here, bassets seem to always be a bit chunky.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I love the name Griffin! Before we actually got Caesar we decided that his name would be Griffin. But while we were driving home with him (it was a 3 hour drive from the breeders place) we decided that he looked more like a Caesar. Bassets are beautiful hounds too. Your pack is adorable. More pictures please!!!

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Love those beautiful pack! And welcome!
We are in California and Charlie said arrrooo.
I actually saw a basset hound arrrrooo at Charlie in the dog park, he has a lower arrroo than Charlie but just as cute.

Charlie mom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts