Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

New to the forum, but not new to beagles! My family was adopted by a half-blind stray beagle when I was a kid, and I've pretty much constantly had a beagle or beagle mix since early 2001. In 2002, because of my family's work with a local no-kill rescue, we fostered and found homes for 39 beagles (not all at once).

My current beagle is a 13" lemon girl, a retired show dog. Her name is Bridey, and she is a total sweetie!

I look forward to getting to know you all!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif to you and Bridey! Thank you for saving so many beagles over the years, I'm sure you'll have a lot to contribute here and you'll enjoy this place. We are all addicts... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif

I, myself have a 13" red/while little girl, Chloe. I would love to see pictures of Bridey and read lots of stories.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif Hi from Henry and Yodel and I!

Like we say in "yat ville", you and your family sound like good people! Thank you for saving so many beagles throughout the years and for "being adopted" by that sad little stray so long ago.

We would love to see pictures of Bridey! And hear more about her!

~Denise

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to BW /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif

Make sure you send us some pictures of your girl.
I /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/soapbox.gif the lemon beagles.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Welcome to BW!!! You sound like a Beagle Angel!!

Looking forward to pics of Bridey!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy

Welcome to Beagle World and a big ole welcome arrrooo to Bridey! Like you, I've always had rescues and my current beagle, the Bagel has been with me since 1998. I love senior beagles. Where in New Mexico do you hail from?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Portales (5 hours from the pretty part, i.e. Taos and Santa Fe), at least until August when we're moving...somewhere yet to be determined.

We're exiled midwesterners, ready to go home.

·
Registered
443 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/help.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif
Welcome to you & Bridey. You said-

Originally Posted By: RhomyllyWe're exiled midwesterners, ready to go home.
Where abouts in the midwest - I'm in northeast Kansas. My Beagles are pictured in my avatar - Shiloh is my 5 y.o.(laying down) & Shasta is my little girl at 19 months. Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
702 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grr.gif Welcome to our group! Your Beagle rescue work is so great /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Very glad you've joined us. Bridey sounds beautiful so pictures please. My Daisy is a tricolor but a darling senior girl. She sends Arrooos! to Bridey /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My parents are in Baldwin, KS and they have two beagles -- actually two of my rescues that my mother fell in love with -- Flora and Joe.

My in-laws are pretty much all in Salina, KS.

Not that a job in Kansas is a requirement, but anywhere closer to family would be nice.

·
Registered
443 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/toofunny.gif Hey - who knows - maybe if you all do move back we might meet and get our Beagles together. I am in Topeka - not far at all from Baldwin. Salina is about a 3 hour drive - easy. I don't drive myself but my sis is here in town - she is a doggy mom too but she has two West Highland White Terriers. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/classic-smiley-11.gif We have a dog park here in town - it'd be fun to see it over-run with Beagles. Here's a bigger pic of my two -

Shasta is the smaller one - and such a pistol. Shiloh reminds me of more dignified gentleman.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thanks for all the lives you've saved and welcome to BW! My Henry is a shelter dog himself, some sort of beagle mix. He looks like a foxhound but is colored just like a German shepherd, lol! Maybe some lab in there too...Welcome again!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts