Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a member of the Barry Allen tribe. I found our eagle world.com after doing weeks of research searching for ways to beagle-proof our kitchen garbage can. From what I have gathered, such techniques have not yet been invented, but hope springs eternal.

So far my houdini hound friend has managed to get through six child-proof locks, and a kitchen rollaway cabinet that was barricaded by two wooden stools, the door to the dishwasher, and said child-proof locking system. I didn’t time him, but I will say it took as much time as it did for me to turn my back and check laundry or my email or something.

We are testing out a simply human can with a locking lid and which has no lip for him to grip with paw or mouth. Barry Allen has been studying it vigilantly for the last hour, which makes me a little uneasy...

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Our bathroom garbage has lived in the bathtub of late (grr) and we have a baby gate blocking off the kitchen...I wish you luck. May the new can do the trick!

·
Registered
65 Posts
hahhaha that is sooo typical i can't help but laugh. no dogs i have ever had were as persistent problem solvers as beagles. except my friends bichon, but that was only for choc chip cookies. best of luck, you may end up with a galvanized can meant for the yard :p

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Welcome! Our kitchen trash is behind a cabinet door. I physically block it when throwing any thing away. All other cans are up on the counter or the back of the toilet.
techie

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am a member of the Barry Allen tribe. I found our eagle world.com after doing weeks of research searching for ways to beagle-proof our kitchen garbage can. From what I have gathered, such techniques have not yet been invented, but hope springs eternal.

So far my houdini hound friend has managed to get through six child-proof locks, and a kitchen rollaway cabinet that was barricaded by two wooden stools, the door to the dishwasher, and said child-proof locking system. I didn’t time him, but I will say it took as much time as it did for me to turn my back and check laundry or my email or something.

We are testing out a simply human can with a locking lid and which has no lip for him to grip with paw or mouth. Barry Allen has been studying it vigilantly for the last hour, which makes me a little uneasy...
Greetings to all and welcome to this amaing foruuum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts