Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On another dog group, the question has come up about bones (a member's bassett had a very scary pork chop bone emergency and had to spend the weekend at the vets.)Many people posted along similar lines to the discussion here at BW a couple of weeks ago. But a couple of people said that they do not give Greenies either, that they can spinter and lodge in the intestine!! I know how popular they are, and wondered if anyone else has heard this? (Shiloh gets a Nutra-Dent every night for a bedtime snack. They're like Greenies only with a beef flavor.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have heard of the Greenies problem. I just googled "greenies controversy" and found quite a few links, so you might want to try that.

jennifer

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That, Jennifer! I had forgotter the "ask Google first" rule! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Genie: The Greenies have been re-formulated. They are now much more pliable and softer. You can actually bend them. I had stopped giving them to Maggie but have started again. They are now flavored. The revised type say "chewy texture" on box. That said, Maggie has always been monitored when I give her any kind of chew bones. According to the info on the new box, they are supposed to be more digestible now, too. I think this is true -- I used to see pieces of Greenie in Maggie's poop and that is no longer the case.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Our two get greenies every evening and had done so for quite some time. From what I understood, the issue was that dogs that swallow large hunks (didn't really chew them) would get them stuck in their digestive tract. We monitor Summer and Murphy carefully. They both chew them very well. I noticed the new chewy change buy they don't seem to care.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.