Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shiloh has been having some accidents in the house and having to go outside more often the past couple of weeks, and I began to get really concerned that her Cushings was getting worse. So I took her in yesterday for an ACTH stim test. (This test is recommended to be given every 3 months or so, to keep an eye on cortisol levels, but I can't afford that. So this is just the second one she's had since she went on the medication.) The vet just called with her results, and everything is normal! :bounce2:

·
Banned
19,926 Posts
Way to go, Shiloh!!! :bounce2: So very glad ACTH and ALP results were good. I seem to recall reading on the Cushings Forum that there is a "partial" ACTH that can be done to check cortisol levels when on treatment, thus saving some money. I'll see if I can find the reference.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, that's great!! Saving money--it's a good thing! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
152 Posts
Genie, Great news!!! Tippi sends a high five, from a reclining position, of course /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.