Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shiloh has been having some accidents in the house and having to go outside more often the past couple of weeks, and I began to get really concerned that her Cushings was getting worse. So I took her in yesterday for an ACTH stim test. (This test is recommended to be given every 3 months or so, to keep an eye on cortisol levels, but I can't afford that. So this is just the second one she's had since she went on the medication.) The vet just called with her results, and everything is normal! :bounce2:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That is great news! Our little treasures can be quite hard on the wallet, can't they... but I still think they are worth every penny!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
So pleased you have had some good news. All these trials and errors leave one desperate for good news.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Way to go, Shiloh!!! :bounce2: So very glad ACTH and ALP results were good. I seem to recall reading on the Cushings Forum that there is a "partial" ACTH that can be done to check cortisol levels when on treatment, thus saving some money. I'll see if I can find the reference.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, that's great!! Saving money--it's a good thing! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Great News is a well "GREAT" but if Miss Shiloh is gonna get an extra scoop of canned dog food, could it be we may have another battleship in our Beagle World Navy. Serious, give Miss Shiloh some extra love from the Bagel and I.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Genie, Great news!!! Tippi sends a high five, from a reclining position, of course /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif .

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts