Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Murphy graduated intermediate class today. Only one minor issue during the testing-he didn't lay and stay like he should. In his defense he's never liked laying down on the floor at the Petsmart store-he does well on the carpet at home. But he still passed everything else with flying colors.

When the trainer tossed the piece of chicken jerky out and the dogs had to walk past it and leave it I thought for sure his nose would get the better of him. But he ignored it when I said leave it even though he had to sit and stay right next to it.

I've been very happy with both the training program and the trainer.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ya, some dogs don't like to lie directly on the floor. They prefer carpet or a rug. Our instructor had a rug in his class just in case he came across such a dog.

Bodie didn't do one of the tasks either during his final. He was simply too distracted. Fortunately the instructor had seen him do it in class so wasn't too concerned about it.

Unfortunately, we're still struggling with one main issue, barking and lunging towards dogs he sees on walks. We're kinda at a loss right now on how to deal with this. But we're continuing to try different things. Eventually something will click for both of us.

Congrats!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts