Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Gracie died last month. Duffy is still as sad as we are - not eating well, moping around, drinking lots of water, keeps going to Gracie's bed or her favorite sitting spot and sniffing. We have brought him to the Vet - who did a full exam - could not find anything wrong other than diluted urine. Said the excessive drinking could be part of his coping. (Gracie died from kidney disease). Both beagles were medical lab rescues. Any ideas how to give additional comfort to a sensitive beagle?
(Duffy already spends all day with us - lots of hugs, cuddles - that is his norm). Thank you!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss - I think lots of hugs and kisses for Duffy - but that's just heartbreaking. What about getting Duffy out of the house? Are there any trails nearby you could go for a hike with Duffy to get his mind off of Gracie?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your responses. At this time, would be difficult to have another dog - maybe in the future. Duffy is a 'house-dog'. I think because he spent his first 5 years in a laboratory, he prefers being inside. We have dog doors so he can come and go as he likes... he likes to be with us inside. In fact, he will not go outside even when we are outside....

·
Super Moderator
5,050 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss, I know it's so very hard. Just keep doing what you're doing. It took a few months for my dogs to stop looking for the ones we lost. Molly would walk around and just wail looking for Andy, so hard to watch. {{Hugs}}

1 - 6 of 6 Posts