Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was walking Coco and he stops to do his business on the side walk of a house little grassy area (note: not on the actual yard but the sidewalk). I noticed the owner was standing near by but didn't give him much notice, I had my IPOD on. I start to pull out a little baggy to pick up the mess, when out of no where I hear someone screaming and yelling. I pull out my earphones to realize the owner was yelling at me for allowing to me to have Coco poop on his sidewalk! I was like...WTH!?! I showed him the bag & told him I was going to pick it. What does he do...continue to be upset & yell causing a scene! At that point, I was really pissed off! I mean, come one, I wasn't leaving it. I started to ignore him but he keep on. He even walked over to see how I was picking it up. I lost it at that point and told him if thinks I am not doing a good enough job then maybe he should pick it up and handed him another baggy and walked away. I was sooo mad, I didn't think he needed to be such a jerk about it. Ughhhh people!! Note: I did finish picking it up.

I get really upset when I feel that people are picking on Coco for something that is natural. I mean, he is a dog, he's gotta poop. I understand if I had just left it there but I didn't.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
In my youth, he might have found a flaming paper bag of poop on his front poorch a few days later! In my old age, I simply might have simply stated I was terribly sorry his mother never married!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Maybe the guy has had bad experiences with other, less considerate dog owners who didn't pick up after their pets; people can get unreasonably mad when they see someone doing something they consider to be inconsiderate to them, like pulling out in front of them in traffic. That rage-filled response was triggered before you pulled out your baggie to take responsibility. Maybe he just had a bad day or a bad mood and was taking it out on you.

That being said, I might have tried to take my dog to another part of sidewalk if I noticed in time that someone was watching, though sometimes you just can't stop your dog from going, no matter how much you protest to your dog that you might prefer he do his business a bit more discreetly.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Next time tell them that the law only says that the poo must be picked up and disposed of properly. No where does it state WHERE the dog has to go. You are just obeying the law.

The last person to yell at me for WHERE my dog was going poo AFTER I picked it up was told where THEY could go.

That being said I do try not to let my to do their business in front of the property owner.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Been there - I feel your anger. Popcorn in particular will out of nowhere start pooping in the absolutely worst time and unlike the others she usually gives no advance warning so you can't really anticipate where it is going to be. I also got yelled at one time (not by a property owner, just someone walking by) to pick it up when Booker was peeing... I didn't even know how to respond to that!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love these kinds of stories! I live in the city with lots of rowhomes and my neighborhood has a lot of senior citizens. I'm a college student so they see me as a kid walking my dog. They're usually really grumpy ladies who freak if Totti even squirts a drop on their property. When I walk by one lady's house, she starts banging on the window for me to walk away afraid Totti is going to do something.

But, I have to say, Totti's cream of the crop story happened in the fall. I was walking him and an older lady was sitting on her step and Totti started sniffing. And she said, Don't let him pee I don't want to deal with the smell! and I'm just thinking We're outdoors and you won't smell a thing!. But right after she said that, Totti goes and lifts his leg on the pole outsider her house and pees away. When I walked away, I told him he was such a good boy

Some people think you can train your dog not to go to the bathroom on walks. They're just so inconsiderate.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
You are so good to carry doggy poo bags. Why people have to react so badly I'll never know. The same happened to us on holiday in Greece. Even though we had removed evidence of the poo, a man went crazy and I thought He'd shoot us or something.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally Posted By: bobIn my youth, he might have found a flaming paper bag of poop on his front poorch a few days later!...
Don't think that thought didn't run through my mind. But then with my luck I probably would have ended up in jail

Thanks everyone for hearing me out.

Lesson learned: People are are jerks!! Just kidding, walk on the side of the street, close to the side whenever I see people in their yards & I know when Coco is going to go

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I had an experience once while walking Roscoe. Only in my case, the lady was yelling at me from ACROSS the street!! Roscoe only peed near the curb (I curbed my dog) and we started to walk when I heard a woman yelling from her porch accross the street.
She said, You have to pick that up! You cannot leave that there! To which I replied If you can suggesgt a way for me to pick up pee, I would gladly do it!
She was still not satisfied and was shaking her head at me as if she did not believe me, oh well, some people!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
When we moved to Holland I wondered what the following sign meant in peoples front gardens
Geen Poop op de Stoop. I later learnt it meant No poo on the step, but also not on the pavement.
In Holland one is supposed to train ones dog to poo in the gutter and the council clear it up once a day. Here in Germany you are supposed to clear up any mess.

·
Registered
443 Posts
There is a lady in our neighborhood - maybe in her late 30's - who is out walking her 2 little Toy Poodles several times a week. She keeps those 2 little Poodles spotless and clipped and she always looks meticulous herself. You can just tell by the way she walks down the street - her actions - that she thinks picking up after her dogs is just something she is too good for. My sis said something to her one day after seeing her let her dogs do their business in my neighbors yard and then start to walk away - you would have thought my sis was speaking in a foreign language when sis said something to her about picking up after her dogs. This lady doesn't carry anything with her for the job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts