Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goobers last day on earth ended @ exactly 2pm pst this past
sunday. He died from the same thing that my first beag Snapper
did! Advanced age & calcification of his spine that caused
peralisys to his hind legs! Thank goodness that we recently
adopted a 4/10 work week as last friday was my last full day
with him! He was nearly 16 & a 1/2 yrs old like Gorromino!
Goober was a very spoiled beag boy that taught Rufus & Homer
how to be a beag!!!(He was the mentor to Rufus & Nibbler) as
he taught them what he learned from Duke! Goobs had a full/
long life & is the new standard for our future ones to
break!!! (He knew it was his time to go)& I cried like a baby
when I brought him home to bury him in my garden next to Gorromino the cokateil that lived 16 & 1/2 yrs as well!

·
Registered
193 Posts
So sorry
sleep tight Goober

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vonny! Goober was my pride & Joy as a beag! He had soo many adventures as a hunter & just a plain household
protector! He was very protective of his home as that is the
main trait that Homer the huge has learned from him! Homer
has some very large beag-shoes to fill!!! He knowes that
Goober is gone by sniffing the bedding i used to transport him
to the vet! Homer has been a great compfort to me as he accepts the loss of Goober as well!

·
Registered
242 Posts
my heart aches for you. when i lost my makaella this may...well, it took a lot out of me. he sounds like a very special dog. thoughts are with youtoday.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
NWR,
My heart goes out to you and yours. Ol' Goober was the eldest of our pack here. He will be missed by all. A better Papa, he could not have asked for.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry for your loss. They say the only bad thing about dogs is that they don't live long enough...and I tend to agree. Goober had a great long life with you and I'm so glad to hear that you had the whole day to spend with him on Friday.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I am sitting here crying with you. I am so sorry you lost your friend. Please know that we all grieve with you.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Poor old Goob! Some how 'I'm Sorry' doesn't seem like enough.
I can't say I know how you feel, either, as we never had a dog anywhere near that long. They sure do find ways to impact us while they're with us, don't they?

I'm sure he's found his way to the Rainbow Bridge, where he's young and happy again.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I am very sorry, losing a dear friend is a really hard time.

Run free sweet Goober.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of Goober's passing. He was certainly a great spokes-beagle for the elder beags here at BW. The stories about his daily life as BW's eldest beagle will truly be missed. *hugs*

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Red, I am so sorry for your great loss. I know how special Goober was to you, and to all of us here at BW. I loved hearing stories of Goober's adventures and knowing his age, it always warmed my heart and gave me hope that my beagles could be as active and happy at such an advanced age.

Goober was the Great-Grandfather of BW and he will be sorely missed. I know your heart is heavy today, and I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Give Homer lots of belly rubs from his friends here at BW.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts