Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we came home to a lethargic pup who didn't eat - I'm sure you can imagine how nervous that made us! managed to get him to eat a few pieces of out my hand but I didn't push it. We knew we had issue when he didn't come beg at the table while we ate. We took him to the Emergency Vet last night but not much to diagnose. He peed and pooped just fine yesterday, has no fever, other vitals are good. So she suggested we keep an eye on him overnight and if he doesn't improve by today take him back.

He slept quietly in his crate all night and never tried to climb on our bed. This morning I tried to feed him from my hand and he turned his nose up at it! My husband is going to bring him back to the EVet this morning - I'm so nervous for our little guy!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An afternoon at the Vet produced no answers - slight fever but nothing else came up on blood test, xray. We will continue to monitor him over the weekend and try to get him to eat. Next step could be a spinal tap to test for Beagle Syndrome, which doesn't sound pretty.

Thanks for your well wishes let's hope they carry us through the weekend.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Healing thoughts for your pup ((()))

·
Registered
889 Posts
Eek! Hopefully it's just a simple tummy ache and nothing more serious.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts