Our Beagle World Forums banner

Good morning everyone..

19K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  petguides.co 
#1 ·
This is to announce to our community that we have moved to a new home.

Effectively yesterday, I have transferred ownership of OurBeagleWorld.com to a new owner.

OurBeagleWorld.com is now part of a family of websites also known as Verticalscope. You will soon be introduced to Yung Lee, who will be logged in as the administrator. OK, so you might be thinking of a lot of questions and I will be glad to answer anything I don't cover.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Q.</span></span> So the first may be why?

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="font-size: 14pt">A.</span></span> For me this was the most difficult situation I have encountered in a very long time. I just simply felt I was not enjoying the forum for what it is, a wonderful collection of people from many diverse areas, jobs, personalities, experiences, etc.. and I was so bogged down with all the technical details of the forum, like fixing code, backups, etc.. I had very little time to post and be part of the family.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Q.</span></span> How does this affect you?

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'"><span style="font-size: 14pt">A.</span></span> The beautiful part is, that it doesn't affect you at all. If your an admin or mod you will remain an admin or mod, if your a member of the forum just continue to enjoy the site. Nothing in regards to how we conduct ourselves daily will change. I will simply ask the new ownership team to make any major changes updates, etc when required instead of me doing it. I will still be here I am not going anywhere, as a matter of fact I intend to be here more!

So please join me in this new endeavor while we make this place even better!

Sincerely,
David

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello community members,

I would like to introduce myself to you: my name is Yung and I will be the new “Admin” for OurBeagleWorld.com.

A little about me: I am a dog lover. I grew up with a Doberman (with a Chinese name my parents gave to him – Sou Mei : ). He died when I was 10. As little kids (my brothers and I), I remember we use to take him to the park and just spend hours and hours playing fetch while my parents would sit and watch over us. The neighbourhood kids would join in and the three of us brothers became quite popular because of Sou-mei. Good times with him.

After a couple of years of taking a break from having a dog in the home, we got a Dalmation (don't ask why but my parents brought him home one day). We called him Cookies because he reminded us of Cookies and Cream ice cream. He was active as a pup but we trained him well and shortly, he became a very good friend to me as my brothers were growing up and headed off to university. He was a really good guard dog too because a few times, people try to break into my car and he started barking which of course, woke everyone up. He passed away a few years ago. Again, good times.

Fast forward to where I am now. Last year, my wife and I took in a Chocolate Lab. We named her Joy. She's been the joy of our lives for the past year... I know, cheesy. But my wife loves her a lot, even more than me some days. : ) I really do hope to add another dog to our family in the next 15 months. We're tight on living space right now but once that gets sorted out, we'll be adding a new dog for sure.

I hope to contribute to this community in a positive manner and be as helpful with day-to-day stuff as I can.

Let me also share a little about VerticalScope.

Our team specializes in managing online communities in different areas of interests. We bring to the table a staff and an infrastructure that can ensure OurBeagleWorld.com will be around for years to come.

<span style="font-weight: bold">What are our intentions?</span>

Our goal is to provide the resources required to have a broader reach and attract more knowledgeable dog owners to contribute that knowledge to the community. We want to continue making this an enjoyable experience and source for Beagle fans. We have a tech staff that is essentially on call 24/7 should there be any issues with connectivity.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Will the leadership change?</span>

Absolutely not. We believe this community is unique and to that end we will continue to support the existing rules and leaders. The Admins and Mods here are the ones that know you the best. You guys know what rules apply to this community and who all the trouble makers are.
Each community is vastly different from the next so it’s important that the rules and culture of this community in which you guys have been familiar with in the past stay in place to keep things the same.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
What will my role be?</span>

Well I will primarily be a technical contact. I will check the site daily to make sure that if there are issues that arise, they will be handled promptly and correctly. We will be working closely with community moderators and at time members to ensure this community is well supported. However, since I am a dog lover too, I want to contribute when I can. By no means do I claim to be the be-all-end-all dog guy...far from it. In fact, I'll probably end up learning from you guys for the most part.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns – you can post them here or send me a PM and I will love to answer as much as I can. See you guys around!

Yung

#4 ·
This actually sounds like a good move. This is a fun place to be and has gotten me through many days at work. To bad I can't get on very good at home due to a slow connection, but that is my problem mainly do to being cheap and not wanting to spend money on a high speed connection.

#8 ·
David: Thanks for keeping us posted, glad you can relax and enjoy

Yung: Welcome and thanks for such a thorough introduction! Sounds like you have experience with some pretty active breeds

#9 ·
I'm glad to have the time to enjoy this community and the wonderful users with in. Over the years I have loved to see all the beautiful fur kids and read as many of the things about each one as I could. Now I have more time to read and enjoy everyone's fur kids.

Yung's team is wonderful and excellent in the major work, more then anyone can ask for. I really appreciate this change and looking forward to being more active and a regular part of the community.

Thank you all for being understanding, your all wonderful.

#10 ·
This is a good and calming place to relax and chat with others of similar intrest. As long as that dosen't change.... Dave hope you get some time to relax.

Yung, I do have a breed suggestion for you and your family: <span style="font-weight: bold">Beagles make great family pets</span>.

#12 ·
To be very honest, and not sappy, without Beagleworld, I wouldn't have made it through the loss of Chipper our first beagle, and the raising of Casie our third. This is a home that provides information, joy, and comfort to many owners and their pups. thanks for not closing the whole site down....

Yung, you have to get a BEAGLE....they are tremendous little creatures who provide comfort, love and a tail wag even when we don't deserve it!

#14 ·
I personally do not like family websites as I have had past forums that I loved get ruined for the sake of money (stupid Internet Brands Inc.).

Your intentions seem to be good and I hope Beagle World stays the great place it is!

#16 ·
As a recent Beagle owner, I am finding value and fellowship in this site. I am 17 years deep into hosting/moderating online communities. If I can ever be of assistance here, let me know. Check out the link on my profile if you want to see where I work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.