Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buster has always been the biggest shedder of the bunch because he doesn't have a typical beagle coat. His surrender papers said beagle mix and maybe that's true. He has longer hair than Blaze or Boomer and almost a double coat. I don't know if its the sudden warmer weather we are having or being house bound for three weeks but I was sitting with him this morning and the fur was flying. So I got out the furminator and got a double handful pile of fur, plus what I swept up off the floor. BJ is starting to blow his coat too so maybe it's more weather related. I am starting to see fur tumbleweeds in the corners, and I sweep on a daily basis as it is. Sheesh!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Are you using the Furminator? I love it. I still have hair all over (and dark furniture..... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/exactly.gif), but it's way better than before!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Originally Posted By: luv_my_mileyPLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THE FURMINATOR!!!???? I'm going crazy. I have tumbleweeds from Miley.
http://www.furminator.com/ I'm having the same problem myself, not with the beagle but with the collie. I'm gonna look into there products. They even have a treat thats supposedly suppose to help shedding problems.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie loves the furminator. I bought it for my long haired cats but whenever Maggie sees me brushing them, she rushes over for her turn.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Daisy is shedding something awful. I have a Furminator that I bought for the cat and I tried it on Daisy but she HATES it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to use a regular shedding blade on Buster but I was always afraid I would hurt him. I get a mixed reaction to the Furminator - Buster loves it, Blaze and Boomer tolerate it and BJ is afraid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts