Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They "should know" that he is a very old beag...That will not survive a teeth cleaning or any other "elective procedure"! Having the tumor removed from his tail should have "updated their files" in 2006 to reflect that! (Lucky for him, He & the rest of our beags)... have been cleaning their teeth with our usual treats & deer bones! Soo he will not need a teeth-cleaning for the rest of his life! Goobers teeth are still clean thanks to the "td" kibble! :thumbup: (He does however) need me to snuggle-up to as he becomes less tolerant to our cold temps!!! "No creature in your life will love you more than an old beagle"!!! Erik J Michels./ Aka, RED!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Goober is lucky to have a good daddy. Just as well you look after his interests, not letting the vet do dangerous things. Amazing how fit Goober is for his age. Must be something in that diet of game!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Red,

I've found out that it's always best to question any suggestion made by any vet (or doctor for that matter) about anything. It's not that I don't trust their knowledge, it's that some things just don't feel right sometimes. I go with my gut feeling most of the time.

We must be vigilant, especially with our senior Beags /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Daisy sends loud Aroooos to Goober and I send belly rubs and kisses :heart:

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

We've been Snowballed!!!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I called the vet about it on monday... & as I suspected it was an oversight. The post cards are generated & mailed automatically "even though his first & only teeth cleaning" occured when he was 10 in 2002?! (I suspect that it might have been a mix-up with our hounds since Pop also uses the same vet & Rufus had his teeth cleaned last year when he was 10 yrs old)! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (Honest mistake), aside... our vet loves our beags & Goober is one of his & hers...(there are 2 vets that run the place) favorite long time patients! :evilgrin:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I agree with Monica...never be embarassed or afraid to second guess the vet if something doesn't seem right.

Red, you and Goober are lucky to have each other. Be careful up in that part of the country...it's beautiful but I imagine a bit treacherous too.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all! Goober is the first dog/beag that I have known from the day he was weaned to the day of his eventual "departure"! That is a very tough thing for anyone to "deal-with"...but for a "middle-aged-man" like myself, we start to realize that we will not "outlive many more dogs"! Pop had a very hard time accepting the loss of Duke despite having "his little treasure" Rufus to comphort him! (Poor Rufus howled every night after dinner when Duke died)! Pop has Nibbler & I have Homer to comphort us when the elder ones "go"...But we will do ALL we can to keep our elder ones active as long as possible! A "grandpaw beag" is the best possible pet a person could hope for! :thumbup: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Btw... It is amazing how a beag can "read you like a book" & do their best to "compfort" you as well when "you...the human" are distressed! A beag will "fuss over you" when you are feeling poorly as best as they can! Goober & Homer have been tending to my swollen foot & ankle by warming it with their bodies when I sleep! :thumbup: I love my "boy,s" & they clearly love me! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts