Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Goober is back to "his old self" but the vet that operated on him had to leave town , so I will not get the needed info until monday if I am lucky,but my "Good ol boy" has fully recovered & has returned to play with my neighbours hounds & Homer! I am soo proud of my "good ol boy" that it,s a sinch that he will live to be over 15 yrs old! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Glad to hear the good news. Thanks for letting us know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Wow NR, he certainly is a stronge chap. Lets hope he makes it into the records for being the oldest known beagle. Give him a hug from us.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got to speak with the vet this monday morn! It was a fast growing tumor & not a cyst on his tail! I was too cheap to spend the $90 bucks to have it examined, but he assured he that it was caught in time & it is unlikely that it will "spread"! :thumbup: "My good ol boy" will live much longer as long as I examine him on a regular timetable! :thumbup: (I doubt that he will set a new record of 23 yrs, but I will do what I can to prolong his life)! POP recently read that the addition of the spice "tumeric" can
reduce cancer/tumors in dog,s! Soo that is also part of Goobers diet twice weekly in addition to "saw-palmetto" & apple-cider vinegar!(saw-palmetto helps to reduce prostate problems & apple-cider vinegar is a great relief for arthritis & joint discomphort! ) :thumbup: (most of those "old-folk remedies" work for a reason! ) :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
NR, sorry to hear it was malignant, but if it hasnt spread then it is probably cured. We hope he continues for many years to come.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well "adh", I am very happy that it was caught in time & Goober has returned to his "old self"! Being "put-under" was very hard on him , but he has returned as his very energetic old self to "hound me for his supper" after I eat my supper! :thumbup: He is "still in charge" of the time when he & Homer eat after I have my supper! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I could not agree more Bill! "A hungry beag is a healthy beag"! (Yet another quote from my great-grandmother)! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif :thumbup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
NR, glad to hear Homer is back to normal and back to himself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts