Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BUT...I hope it was just a case of one or 2 of his legs being "asleep" when he left the couch to go potty on his way out the dog door. He just made it about 4 feet from the couch when he could barely keep his balance & nearly fell down! I massaged his back & sides & carried him outside to pee, as he did. And he recovered very quickly after that to chase Homer for the best spot on my bed! Sure Goober is "showing his age"...but he is still very healty despite being over 15 yrs old! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Hmmm, yes worrisome, but probably just a leg that had gone to sleep. Glad he recovered from whatever it was quickly and back to his normal lovable self. Stay Healthy Fella!!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
NR, hope Goober is o.k. now? When they get to that age one worries at every little thing. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goober appears to be my next "Timex Beagle" like Snapper was without the horrible past of being an abused rescue hound! :thumbup: Thank goodness, Goobs recovered from his inability to walk & is as active as ever! :thumbup: Saturday, Pop helped me with some repairs on my motorhome & even he was surprized to see how well "Grandpaw Goober" can run & chase Homer-the-Huge around my neighbors yard! (It gave him new hope that Rufus will be a long-lived hound), since the loss of Duke was very hard for him to accept! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm glad Goober's recovered from his episode. It's so worrisome when our seniors show any unusual signs. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I know I keep an eagle eye on Misty so as to head off any possible problems. I realize that I do everything in my power for her, but she's still getting old. However, good care and vigilance can't hurt.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
glad to hear that Goober is back to himself !!!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Those with seniors, always live with the knowledge that there are more years in the past than in the future; every limp, every whimper, every illness is a worry......

I'm so glad Goober is better today! :bounce2:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good ol boy grandpaw Goober is as active as ever! & Both him & Homer-the-Huge want to explore their house to find their playmates! Ted & Claudia,along with their hounds have gone on a "road-trip" and I am the armed guard of their property when they are gone! :evilgrin: Sure Goobs & Homey miss their hounds...but their larger yard is a great treat for them when they are gone!!! :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts