Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my bealge puppy has used the bathroom #2 7 times in the past 4.5 hours. Her diet has not changed, she hasn't been chewing or eating anything unusual just her kong, and the kong hasn't been filled. Wondering if I should worry. The waste is solid doesn't look unhealthy, but she has never gone this much before, any comments or should I be worried?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I wouldn't worry yet-just monitor it for a bit. Murphy had a couple spells where he seemed like he had to go all the time. I never counted, but 7 times in 4-5 hours wouldn't surprise me. As they get older and their bowels mature a little they learn to hold it-both #1 and #2.

*IF* it doesn't improve or the stools don't stay firm (or you see other red flags) then it's time for a call to the vet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, yea I figured since she is still so young it could be a phase, but it was just so odd because she's never gone so much in such short of time before, but thanks so much! i will deff. keep a look out!

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Like they said above, just monitor her for a few days. Maybe it was really one or two poos that didn't come out all at once. Watch for loose or runny poo, no poo, etc. You can always take a sample to the vet to ease your mind.

·
Registered
889 Posts
LOL at Chaboncly.

I agree. As long as there are no other signs and everything looks healthy, I would think things are alright. If it would ease your mind you could put a quick call into the vet. My vet is really good about answering questions over the phone or telling me if I need to bring one of my pups in.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I echo what has been said above.

How many times are you feeding the puppy a day? Do you have a set feeding schedule, or are you dropping kibble for her to munch on throughout the day?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Originally Posted By: Chabonclyshe's just full of it.

Coco was the same when he was puppy. It was every 2-3 hours he had to go and now he continues to go 3-4 times a day

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we try as hard as we can to keep her on a scheduale. but sometimes it can be an hour earlier or later than we plan. 1 cup in morning6am, half cup middle of day 12pm, cup end of day 6pm and no water after 8

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Cole will be 1 next month and we have noticed his b/r habits changing, they are getting fewer and farther between as he gets older. At one point I couldnt believe so much could come out of a creature so little!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts