Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like Dixie is picking it up, i would throw her little raw bone and she will bring it back!

but after 5 or 6 times she gets tired of that game!lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course! lol

Speaking of treat, what is best??

I been using little pieces of hotdogs, i mean really small pieces.

what have ya'll been using?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Well, I'm using hotdogs too. And I've heard that using regular dog treats is not highly recommended before 6-7 months of age.

BTW - great job on the training. Never too early to start!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Folks, how can you keep hot dogs fresh and handy at all times? You can't run back and forth the frig each time? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Charlie mom:
Folks, how can you keep hot dogs fresh and handy at all times? You can't run back and forth the frig each time? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
I cut them into little bite size for her, and keep them in a ziploc bag. when we are doing training time i pull them out, and while going to the bathroom i praise her alot, seems to work.

When i put her in the crate i give her afew pieces so it will seems like she is doing a really good thing by getting in the crate, even though we still fight going in, but she will go in by herself, but not when i tell her to! lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beside you ain't suppose to give them a treat EVERYTIME, atleast that is what i been reading and told by other dog owners that have very disciplined dogs.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I put them in the refrigerator after I cut the hotdogs to little pieces. They dry and then I keep them in a ziploc bag. It works, they can be kept for weeks like that (happened once when I forgot I had them...).
Chloe goes crazy when she just sees the bag... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts