Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that give your Beagles Glocosomine and Chondrondrin (can't spell it). How many milligrams of this do you give? thanks,

·
Registered
702 Posts
I only give Daisy Glucosamine, so I don't know about the Chondroitin. I bought "8 in 1" time release tablets from Drs. Foster & Smith. It is 500 Mgs. per tablet. The dosage goes by weight. Daisy gets 2 per day. It also has Vitamin C and MSM. My vet said that was all Daisy needed, since she's not very arthritic.

I'm giving it as a sort of preventative measure since she's going on 8 years old. Vet said it couldn't hurt. I think it's doing her some good. She seems more limber.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, what I ordered is from Doctors Foster & Smith. It is called Joint Care 1 +. Each tablet contains
Glucosomein 500 mg
Chondroitin 100 mg
Perma canaliculus 100 mg
Vitimin C 100 mg
Citrus bioflavonoids 10 mg
Zinc 2 mg
Manganese 1 mg

For their weight the bottle says to give 2 tablets a day.

I use Glucosomein and Chondroitin for myself too. I have my own bottle from Wal Mart. I have been using it for months and it does help me with my joint aches and pains. I have Bursitis in my shoulders and it helps that.

The vet told me she did not think this product would help Sadie with her particular problme with the herniated disk in her back. However, she did say there was some arthritis in her back. And Pooh Bear is showing signs of arthritis too. I don't think it would hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I have a 11 years retriever who has arthritis on his hips. I used the tablets from Dr. Foster, also I bought the big bottle of liquid form of Glucosamine with Chondroitin +MSM from Costco, actually for myself, but I do not like the taste. So I've been giving 1 tablespoon mix with his meal everyday. Its seems to lessen his pain, he runs around now with Charlie. Still scrawny and old looking. I do not want to overfeed him, the weigh will affect the pain on his hips.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sadie was eating grass when I let her outside after work. She has a bit of a tummy ache. No wonder with all the Rimaldy she has taken. Question: Should I give the Rimadly and the Glucosomine suppliment at the same time?

thanks,

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I wanted to give Sherry Glucosamine as she does seem stiff first thing in the morning in her back legs.

But on the packet of tablets it said in big letters DO NOT GIVE TO DOGS WITH A HISTORY OF HEART PROBLEMS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

As Sherry has a severe heart murmur according to my vet then she can't have Glucosamine...the tablets went in the bin. I should have read all the label before I bought them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts