Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone give their Beagle Glucosomine suppliments for joint support? I take it myself and I think it helps with my Bursitis. My Beagles are 7 now. Sometimes when Sadie runs around like a maniac while playing, she hurts her shoulder and limps. She is usually fine by the next morning. But I wonder if she is developing a little arthritis.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Daisy is seven and a half now and I have been giving some thought to giving her glucosamine. Never had a dog on it, but it seems that lots of dogs take it with good results.

Daisy doesn't seem to have a problem, but why not do some prevention. I know how arthritis feels and it's not pretty!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
At one time, Li'l Girl had an unexplained limp and even X-Rays couldn't find a reason. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I started giving her and Misty Glucosamine, and started taking it myself. I have no idea whether or not that was the reason, but Li'l Girl did stop limping. My theory is that it certainly didn't hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
My dogs take glucosamine AND chondroiton, which work well together and can be found in supplements both human and animal. They also take fish oil and now Maggie takes cranberry capsules (for bladder)......I just throw all the capsules on top of their dog food.

One supplement which works well (my friend SWEARS by it) is Sojourner Farms Missing Link Plus with joint support.

Click here: Sojourner Farms

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Maggie has been on Cosequin (which is a combination of glucosamine and chondroitrin) for the last six months after she was diagnosed with arthritis in one of her knees. She still is stiff when getting up from a nap but is not in pain.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Sammy has been on it since she was 2 yrs old. She had luxated patellas repaired in both of her knees and vet suggested it to keep her joints loose.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My Amber had hip dysplasia and arthritis. I used glucosamine with her and it helped a lot. It really helped her walk a lot smoother without so much limping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts