Our Beagle World Forums banner

GloverCharlie

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Marley's Mommy 
#1 ·
I forget who it was that is fostering/adopting him. I was thinking about him and his mommy!!!

Any updates???

#7 ·
I saw Glover a couple of weeks ago, he and Daisy my beagle are almost identical! They are actually distantly related. Glover is doing really well with Erin and Andrew and learning lots from being around their two girls. He's getting sooooo huge! and behaviour wise is doing really well.

Hopefully Erin will be in to update you soon!

#9 ·
Sorry everyone, we've been a bit busy lately!

Unfortunately I have bad news. Well, bad news for us (beagle world members and Andrew and I), but VERY good news for Glover. He has found his forever home!

Glover went to his new home on Saturday to be with his pack. And by pack, I mean pack! Between the members of his new family, they own 6 beagles (including Glover)! Wasn't he lucky to go to Beagle Heaven! They range him age from a 9 week old puppy to a 13 year old girl who is living on borrowed time /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif He will be permanently living with two beagles. Glover's new mum and dad have two daughters who both have beagles. One has two, the other has a beagle from the same breeder as Glover and a Border Collie.

The family met Glover last Monday at our local dog park. They fell in love straight away (as everyone did). They didn't want to make a snap decision and decided to wait and ring me on the Tuesday at 7pm. 7:02pm the phone rang and it was them telling me they'd love him because he's gorgeous. He could seriously have not gone to a better home. After I got off the phone to the new family, I burst into tears and picked my boy up and gave him cuddles. It's not the most attractive photo, but here's proof:

I know everyone thought he'd found his forever home with us, and as gorgeous as he was, he was different from our girls and couldn't be let off lead. This is a big part of our lifestyle with our girls, letting them off lead at the beach, off lead at my parent in laws and they always come back. Glover doesn't come back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

We are confident we've found a great home for him. If it doesn't work out, they have the option to give him back. But I really don't think that will happen.

My girls have slept nearly all day and night since he left, I guess having a 6 - 8 month old puppy around really took it out of them!

One moves on and another under privledged beagle arrives soon. Meet Mojo, soon to be arriving in the Two Small Puppies house:

Attachments

#10 ·
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif I was one of those who thought he found his home with you, but I can understand your decision and I'm sure you found him a great home. I can tell you were crying.... beautiful picture /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

Mojo is adorable!!! Where will she (?) be going?

#11 ·
Mojo is a he (has a very sweet face though!) who hasn't been desexed. He will be getting desexed as soon as he arrives and we will care for him while he recovers.

He will be staying with us until a perfect home comes along for him. How ever long that may be, no one knows. If we can be as lucky as we were with Glover to find a fantastic home, we'll be ecstatic.

I would have loved to of kept Glover. The girls really warmed to him and we found either one of the curling up with him at night to sleep, rather than with each other as normal. To us, that meant he had been accepted as part of our pack. It was heartbreaking to break that pack (as per the above photo!), but like a said, he was just too different to our girls. Even though he was a normal beagle (huge!) puppy, he was just so different, yet adorable.

I miss the little bugger like hell. It's 10:15pm here in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia and this is the time he would come over and get his little cuddle before bed. I have to say that in the short time we had him, he was a lot smoochier than the girls.

#14 ·
You know you did the right thing, this family sounded wonderful, and very beagle savvy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

OMG - look at that naughty face on Mojo! What's his story Erin? Do I get to meet him this weekend at the MPW?

#17 ·
As you said, there are mixed feelings among all of us, I'm sure -- it sounds like you found a fantastic home for Glover but we will definitely miss him! Any possibility of his new owners joining BW? They sound like great "beagle people" and we could keep up to date on Glover.
As others have said, major kudos to you for fostering. I know that I would get far too attached to be a good foster mom. Looking forward to hearing how Mojo gets along with the girls.

#18 ·
Originally Posted By: SmeagleOMG - look at that naughty face on Mojo! What's his story Erin? Do I get to meet him this weekend at the MPW?
That naughty face on Mojo has dirt all over it! I think we'll be in for an err... exciting? time!

I'm not sure when we are getting him. He has to be flown 6 hours into Brisbane and they only do the trip on Wednesdays and Sundays. He also has to be desexed. I'd rather get him on a Wednesday, desexed on the Friday and then the weekend to recover. This weekend isn't a good weekend to do that!

For those that say they can't do fostering because they will fall in love with the beagles, sometimes that's exactly what a beagle needs. Love, attention and cuddles, I think that's what Glover needed. He'd changed SO much in the 8 weeks we had him. He'd grown a good 2 inches I reckon! He would have been close to a 16" beagle.

The reason we are doing beagle rescue/foster is to help those underpriviledged beagles, give them the love and attention we've got to give and provide them with a safe and happy family until they find their forever homes. I think it's great for Sally and Leia as well, they have come out of their shells SOOOO much!

I'm not sure the new family are internet savvy, but they have promised to send me updates, which I will promise to pass onto you. I can't lose all contact with this boy, he touched my heart in ways I never thought he would!

#20 ·
I got an email from the rescue org this morning saying the new owners had phoned last night to say just how happy they are with Glover and to thank us for allowing them to have him. He's been very good at night and not whinging that he doesn't have his crate to sleep in. He's got on very well with all his pack and is reported loving life with his new mum and dad.

It's great to hear stories like that, makes me glad we are doing what we do.

#22 ·
thanks for catching us up. Isn't it amazing how you can be stuck on a puppy you never met? But, for some reason, I think of him often.

How wonderful you are doing, taking care of these pups! Truly admirable. I would love to do it one day but am afraid of not having the time, and then getting too hooked. Might still try.

thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.