Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up Gino yesterday and all I can say is that I am soooo happy we added him to our crazy beagle family! He and I took a trip to PetSmart first, got him some treats and then back to the house for outside introductions. Roscoe and Cole were absolutely fine with him and he was fabulous with them. He even got to play with the neighbor's dog! It was great. Once in the house, Gino investigated every inch (marked a few spots too, but that's to be expected, he is better today) and even tolerated Cole who was a bit obsessed with Gino last night.
He is good on a leash, we went for our first neighborhood walk this morning (I only took Gino and Roscoe together, then Cole by himself, I have to get used to three!!).
Last night, my neighbor held Gino on his leash while I went in to get the other two and Gino actually howled for me and was trying to follow me, that made me feel so good! We've already bonded. He also took to my husband very well when he got home a little later, it was so nice.

He is sitting right by my side as I type and Roscoe and Cole are fighting for my lap!!

Here are some pics! Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
Awww...so cute! Sounds like Gino is fitting right in!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm glad Gino is enjoying his new home/and family, thanx for sharing.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Look at that face! What a doll! I am glad that Gino is adapting well with the rest of the crew
He is soooo cute.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I like the third pic where Roscoe is looking back at him, makes you wonder what they are thinking
He is a very cute boy and sounds like he will be right at home in no time

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Thanks for the update - Gino definitely has a lot of personality in that face! Glad to hear he seems to be bonding with you and fitting in with the others already!

And good luck with the walking three at a time. I do have to admit that one of the best things about getting a fourth was that now I can walk two at a time without leaving one home alone... I really am not a huge fan about walking three together... add in some full poop bags and one or more going off after a squirrel and I really do wish I was an octupus!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
That's great news he is settling in, he is very handsome

·
Registered
229 Posts
Love his basset-ey face!!!! What a cutie. I'm so glad to hear that he's fitting in to his new home.

·
Registered
205 Posts
He's SO cute! I love that he's a bigger beagle. My dad has a basset and he's just so darn cute. Not as cute as a beagle of course.

Glad he's fitting in!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts