Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor Ginger's arthritis has really been flaring up lately, so I decided to take her with me to pick up some new meds. She has never been out in public before other than walks in the neighborhood. Once I had her in the buggy and wheeled her inside Petsmart, she acted like she was a princess! She stood up in the buggy with her tail going like mad and her eyes as big as quarters. Some nice lady even gave her a treat! It was really good to see her happy, something that hasn't happened a lot lately. The pills I got her were highly reccommended, so I'm keeping finger's crossed that they work for Ginger!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am so glad that Ginger had a good day! I used to think that only idiots went to Petsmart to show off their stupid dogs. Now I *know* that only idiots don't have dogs!!!!!!

I love also all the attention my Twins get in Petsmart. We are getting a Petco soon so that will mean more Puppy outings!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Maggie loves Petsmart. We never buy food there anymore because I found a locally owned store but Petsmart has become part of Maggie's "social life". We went out a couple of weeks ago because a friend wanted me to see the two beagles in her dog's obedience class. While we we were there two additional beagles came into the store. We created quite a sensation with 5 beagles mingling in the middle of Petsmart. I'm glad Ginger had a good time. I think just like people, dogs need to get out of the house and have a change in routine.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It's great to hear that she was so happy!

If I'm not busy on a Friday night, like tonight, I'll take Caesar to PetSmart to get his nails clipped and then wak around the store. I try out a new doggy cologne on him then he picks out a couple new toys and sniffs all the other dogs. He usually "marks" a spot when we're there too. He's so happy to have an outting.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I can picture Ginger riding her cart and greeting the public like Cleopatraa on her barge.(crazy analogy; I'm reading Cleo's memoirs now).

I love showing my dogs off. Henry is such a scared little guy, I don't know how he would act in Petsmart.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I love the mental picture of Ginger riding in her cart. :heart: Our Petsmart is an hour's drive away, so our pack has never gone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Traveler would love it 'cause he's very people oriented, but I'm not sure how the others would do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.